Lego-ing Quarks?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the Clearance items. I haven't been keeping up on the physical changes.

-Are the threads on Quark regular/Pro/Turbo different, or can they be lego-ed with the bodies and tailcaps? Is there a reference I can read?

Rawk

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,
another question about the Quark Turbo QB2A Head with Cree XP-G Gen1 LED from the Clearance section.
What output modes and lumens does the Gen1 have and what tint is it ?
Does is still have the pre-flash ?
It fits on the Quark Series 2A body, right ?

I barely find information about Gen1, it's always Gen2 in my results.

Last edited:
Greetings,
another question about the Quark Turbo QB2A Head with Cree XP-G Gen1 LED from the Clearance section.

Sory to to be in a hurry, gotta run. Perhaps this will help.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?344978

A little way down the page, Foursevens' specs do not appear to be updated for the XP-G2 (i.e., these specs are unchanged from the original XP-G models under the Foursevens label). :whistle:

~ Chance

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Greetings,

I have a qb2a head from the clearance section, all i can answer is it's cool white, no pre flash on mine, probably around 200 lumens just guessing, tight hot spot little spill. It's definitely worth the money.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is one I built from lego parts a while back. I swap the tail parts around on these two all the time. Depends on which one I want tail standing.

tacandturbo_zpsbee1e842.jpg

Rawk

Newly Enlightened
Cool, thank you guys !
No pre-flash would be awesome...it's the only issue I got with my old Quark Tactical AA².
But overall it's my best flashlight. Not by output, but in general, interface, tint, programming, lego-ing, accessoires, I love it !

A friend needs a new flashlight and I really want to get him one.
I was surprised that so many manufacturers use that two button models now.
Why is that so popular ? I always thought the switch is one of the weakest parts on any flashlight, why would you build in two of them ?
Also, isn't it easy to activate the side switch in your pocket ?
Those clips you just push on the body are also a no-go for me, it's like they could fall off just by looking at it.

By the way, will 47's release new programmable flashlights in near future ?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Str8stroke, How'd you manage to bend the QTL? :p

~ Chance

Ok! Check this out, it is not bent! As far as I can tell. I know I know, it is bent in the pic! Cause it is bent? lol Still with me??

I took it apart and rolled each peace, measured everywhere and it all seems straight & true. But when I assemble this set up it looks and actually is bent. I only can think its the threads and how they line up. Unless I am measuring it wrong. Who knows. Its a user so I don't much care. But a strange Quark mystery indeed.

Ok! Check this out, it is not bent! As far as I can tell. I know I know, it is bent in the pic! Cause it is bent? lol Still with me??

I took it apart and rolled each peace, measured everywhere and it all seems straight & true. But when I assemble this set up it looks and actually is bent. I only can think its the threads and how they line up. Unless I am measuring it wrong. Who knows. Its a user so I don't much care. But a strange Quark mystery indeed.

Ha! I just thought it was distortion in the picture. Turns out, you've got an Old Man flashlight. :laughing:

~ Chance

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, thank you guys !
No pre-flash would be awesome...it's the only issue I got with my old Quark Tactical AA².
But overall it's my best flashlight. Not by output, but in general, interface, tint, programming, lego-ing, accessoires, I love it !

A friend needs a new flashlight and I really want to get him one.
I was surprised that so many manufacturers use that two button models now.
Why is that so popular ? I always thought the switch is one of the weakest parts on any flashlight, why would you build in two of them ?
Also, isn't it easy to activate the side switch in your pocket ?
Those clips you just push on the body are also a no-go for me, it's like they could fall off just by looking at it.

By the way, will 47's release new programmable flashlights in near future ?

Good questions :sssh:

Thanks
Reid

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reid, I think, helped make that Turbo lego up there. I should have mentioned my Turbo has NO preflash. The Tactical does. But its my work light. And it always just works. :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reid, I think, helped make that Turbo lego up there. I should have mentioned my Turbo has NO preflash. The Tactical does. But its my work light. And it always just works. :)

yes sir the monster mini, one of my favorite combo's. Crazy throw from a little light.

RT

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
How so? Care to expound on your post? :poke:

~ Chance :popcorn:
A hole was burnt in my virtual pocket, and now a Zero Tolerance 0560BW is in route to my house. That was about two thirds of my EDC budget. I was trying to get a Ottavino, but didn't sell enough in time. With the holidays upon us I don't see it getting replenished soon. If they want the rest of my money, they better get there before the next guy.

I'm slightly interested in the AAA Bolt light? that may be unveiled this week, but I need to hold out for limited editions.

A hole was burnt in my virtual pocket, and now a Zero Tolerance 0560BW is in route to my house. That was about two thirds of my EDC budget. I was trying to get a Ottavino, but didn't sell enough in time. With the holidays upon us I don't see it getting replenished soon. If they want the rest of my money, they better get there before the next guy.

I'm slightly interested in the AAA Bolt light? that may be unveiled this week, but I need to hold out for limited editions.

That's why I asked. I wanted to know if you had any information on the forthcoming FourSevens releases.
~ Chance