Can someone help me trouble shoot

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advanced for any advice I can get on this.

My Girl's Quark AA has been giving her some trouble. It won't turn on at times. I've checked it out thoroughly and have narrowed the problem to the head.

I know its in the head, because I've swapped out the Clicky with a known working one. I've changed
out the tail cap with a known 'good' tail cap. Even changed the body and tail out.

So the issue is in the head. Now on to threads and contacts. I've inspected, and cleaned all threads and contact points. And the issue still persists.

When the light won't turn on, I can give it a good wack with my hand, and it will turn on.
And the light may work fine for awhile, turning off and on again with no issues. But then
out of the blue, the issue will pop up again.

I feel like it could be a loose wire or something inside the head. Is this possible with a quark?
I haven't used anything like deoxit to clean contact points, but to the naked eye they look clean
enough to have no issue making proper contact.

I'm curious what others have to say about it. This is my girls 'favorite' EDC in the world, and the light shows it. It is heavily worn on the outside. Should I have someone open it up, and see what gives? I told her I would look into getting her light fixed. The light is at least 6 years old. She's not the original owner, so I don't know if 4sevens would warranty the light.

Any advice on what I can do, would be very much appreciated. I'll post some images of the threads and contact points.

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
d03da8ea2525e13f5a66e67008e7dc7d.jpg

8dc111a4b0854813d71e966677b9d1cc.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Sure 47's has a 10yr warrenty so worth a shout!!!

Failing that........

I would have a fellow member look at it if not too sure yourself. I tried once(on a fenix) with OUT great success..........:laughing:

Sure there are many members your side who would be happy to help out, if i could i would!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd. I over torqued one head to the body. It was a bear to get it off. In doing so, I dented the battery button top, so

dented battery top?? Protected cell tripping or messed up?

Send it to 47 if not battery.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can try THIS paperclip bypass test when it's acting up just to definitive rule out connection problems. Or you can give the warranty a go. Or you can just buy a new head for it for $15 (with CPF disc?) from the clearance section.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest a pink pencil eraser rubbed on the battery positive contact, plus switch bypass as already mentioned. Aside from this, could be a cold solder joint finally rearing it's head. Reflow led and connections to led.

My 2 pennies, worth what you paid. :)

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Sure 47's has a 10yr warrenty so worth a shout!!!

Failing that........

I would have a fellow member look at it if not too sure yourself. I tried once(on a fenix) with OUT great success..........:laughing:

Sure there are many members your side who would be happy to help out, if i could i would!
Thanks Ven, I may have to send it in. Was hoping to avoid that route But....
Odd. I over torqued one head to the body. It was a bear to get it off. In doing so, I dented the battery button top, so

dented battery top?? Protected cell tripping or messed up?

Send it to 47 if not battery.

Hey Str8,
Def not the battery. I've tried several. It happens with all of them sooner or later.

You can try THIS paperclip bypass test when it's acting up just to definitive rule out connection problems. Or you can give the warranty a go. Or you can just buy a new head for it for $15 (with CPF disc?) from the clearance section.
I will give this a go, thank you. This head has a 4000K XPE From 4sevens. My chic really likes it a lot. So I'm trying to keep that configuration.
I suggest a pink pencil eraser rubbed on the battery positive contact, plus switch bypass as already mentioned. Aside from this, could be a cold solder joint finally rearing it's head. Reflow led and connections to led.

My 2 pennies, worth what you paid. :)

I was really thinking it could be a cold solder joint rearing it's ugly head, ugh!
Okay, well thanks everyone. I feel more confident of the possible issues. I'll report back when I've tried
the bypass test. Thanks so much guys.

Nick

BarryG

Enlightened
On the bright side, FourSevens has customer service in the states so it should be a quick turn around.

Barry