Need Surefire Z2 Info

akula88

Enlightened
Quick Questions regarding Z2 :
1. Lexan or Pyrex Lens?
2. Is there a space after the combat ring to mount a scope ring? I plan to mount it on a rifle.
3. Anyone has picture of it with A19 extender, making it similar to a Z3?
4. How do you compare its body / grip with C2? Would a C2 be better compared with Z2 is terms of grip and scope ring mount's surface area?

Thanks all.

matt1987

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
akula88 said:
Quick Questions regarding Z2 :
1. Lexan or Pyrex Lens?
2. Is there a space after the combat ring to mount a scope ring? I plan to mount it on a rifle.
3. Anyone has picture of it with A19 extender, making it similar to a Z3?
4. How do you compare its body / grip with C2? Would a C2 be better compared with Z2 is terms of grip and scope ring mount's surface area?

Thanks all.

[/ QUOTE ]

1:pyrex
2:Not sure, Z2 is not ShockProof so if you want to mount on a weapon you can buy the M2 Bezel.
3:not really, if you use A19, you cannot use the Rogers-Grip for handgun.
4:Z2 is better for grip, Z2 is made of Hard Anodized Type2, C2 uses Hard Anodized Type2 and Type3, Type3 is also know for the hardest finish to be applyed. does all these answer your questions? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hi Johnny,

Most of the Z2's will have Lexan lenses. Pyrex is being phased in and some dealers with fresh stock may have the latest version of the Z2 with Pyrex lens.

What sort of rifle are you thinking of attaching to the Z2? The Z2 is not a WeaponLight and I would not suggest you attach it to a weapon.

Will you be keeping the stock TailCap pressure switch?
If you intend to change it, the cost of all these changes will be such that getting a dedicated WeaponLight for your rifle could actually be cheaper.

If you want to have a single flashlight you can use on and off your rifle, I ask you whether you have time to do this for the sort of applications you need a CombatLight or WeaponLight for. It seems to me that having a dedicated WeaponLight on your weapon all the time, and a handheld light (that uses the same Lamp Assemblies) would be a more effective way of having light when you need it.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
by the way, type II anodizing is not hard anodizing. hard anodizing is type III anodizing.