Replace bayonet style interior light w LED module?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Auto store has nothing to fit a bayonet style bulb. Are they made? Red or green would be great too.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If we're talking red or green, we're talking about toys, not serious lamps. Red or green won't help you any when you urgently need to find something in the car after dark...and it sure as heck will count against you if you're stopped by a traffic officer after dark. Best stick to white.

There are many different bayonet bulbs; "bayonet bulb" isn't specific enough to point you at whatever products might exist.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Nothing illicit about red or green inside the car. I want to leave the passenger "spot" on all the time so I can see the HVAC & radio panel better. So green would be really good for that. If I lose something, the roof mounted lights don't shine on the floor or between the seats anyway; have to use my EDC for that sort of thing anyway.

If LED lamps exist I can go to the trouble of removing the bulb & taking a magnifying glass to find out the exact spec. Its about 1/4" diameter, I think it has a single lug.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Nothing illicit about red or green inside the car

Never said there is, but cops get the heebie-jeebies when they approach a car at night that's poorly lit inside.

If LED lamps exist I can go to the trouble of removing the bulb & taking a magnifying glass to find out the exact spec.

If you want a helpful answer to your question, yes, you're going to have to go to whatever effort is required to cough up the type of bulb you're trying to replace.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
If LED lamps exist I can go to the trouble of removing the bulb & taking a magnifying glass to find out the exact spec. Its about 1/4" diameter, I think it has a single lug.
You really should take more effort in asking a question. With the make and model of the vehicle, we might be able to determine the bulb it takes. You could also look in the owner's manual.

Leaving an interior light on to light up the HVAC and radio panel will just hurt your own ability to see at night. Green light will be particularly debilitating.
Maybe you should replace the bulbs in those panels instead.