Surefire G2x LE battery options

ront1

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I just purchased a new Surefire G2x LE. I do like the flashlight a lot. It seems to have a very good mix of both throw and fill. I wish there was not quite as much of a green tint to the light, but it is not bad. I would much prefer a whiter light. I looked at 2 lights though and they both had the same tint.

My question here is really concerning the batteries. I have done a bit of reading here and see that rechargeable batteries may be an option. Not the CR123 batteries but a single battery. I got confused about the batteries.
What kind of a rechargeable(single) should I be looking for. I will probably buy 2 of them. Also, what charger should I get? Also, where can I buy them?

Thanks for any input!!

Ron

ront1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply and the link kj2. I am in the US. Will the Xtar chargers also charge AA batteries?
It looks like I may want 2 of the Keeppower 2500mAh 16650 batteries (one for a spare). I see these at Amazon.

In looking at GoingGear, the VP1 is out of stock. They do have the XP4, but I don't see the 16650 battery as one listed that can be charged with this charger. I am kind of a newbie at this stuff though and may be missing something!!

Thanks, Ron

ront1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I really appreciate the help!! I just ordered the XTAR VP2 charger and Sanyo UR16650ZTA 2500mAh - Button Top -4.35V from Mountain Electronics LLC. I hope it all works together with my Surefire G2x LE light.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited:

michiganstud

Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I can't find any information anywhere else. What is the run time on the 16650 battery at 2500 mAh

michiganstud

Enlightened
Awesome thank you!!

Any ideas on run time with the 600 lumen model? That's the one I'm looking at.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested also. I read some post that the UA2 or whatever model has the selector ring with 16650 battery did not work on the 600 lumens level.
I think it works on lower 300 lumens range.