• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

NEW Product Announcement - Nitecore TM06S 4000 Lumen LED Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Nitecore TM06S 4000 Lumen LED Flashlight

4000 lumens with 392 yard throw
5 brightness settings plus strobe, beacon, and SOS
Upgraded from TM06S with Cree XM-L2 U3 LED
Side switch for on/off and brightness selection
Compact, waterproof to IPX-8 standards, and impact resistant

15% OFF with
CPF15OFF Coupon Code

Purchase at NITECORESTORE.COM

15% OFF with CPF15OFF Coupon Code

15% OFF with CPF15OFF Coupon Code

Last edited:

dadgummit

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if this light has the same flaw as the original TM06 where it drains 2 of the 4 batteries at an increased rate which can ruin expensive batteries. I hope so because in every other way the TM06 was the perfect light, too bad it had to be returned...

RobertB

Newly Enlightened
@nitecorestore Is there anyway to buy the TM06s without having to buy your batteries? I have many LG high drain button top batteries I want to utilize. Thanks

ckeilah

Newly Enlightened
I got one without batteries from nitecorestore, and put in four of my LG 3Ah batteries. My only complaint so far is that even a mild tap (hell, just running with it) to the flashlight causes the battery connection to be momentarily broken, causing the light to RESET BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULT! This means that you lose your last-used instant-on mode and the flashing blue light reverts to ON mode, draining your batteries even if the light is off. This is a critical flaw, IMHO, and may warrant a return. Sad, otherwise, it's a fantastic light that was poised to replace my Nitecore EA41 Pioneer as my EDC. :-(

We'll see what the story is. I've written to nitecorestore asking whether this is a design flaw, or a defective unit. I'm hoping for the latter so that I can come give a rave review of this tiny monster. :)

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one without batteries from nitecorestore, and put in four of my LG 3Ah batteries. My only complaint so far is that even a mild tap (hell, just running with it) to the flashlight causes the battery connection to be momentarily broken, causing the light to RESET BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULT!

How about a little more info on the batteries?

Bare or protected? How long are they?

If you take the light in hand and shake the light, do the batteries rattle?

My experience with the TM series lights is that 68.5-69.5 mm batterie work. Too long and the ground isn't made. Too short and the springs and contact plate don't make contact.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
I got one without batteries from nitecorestore, and put in four of my LG 3Ah batteries. My only complaint so far is that even a mild tap (hell, just running with it) to the flashlight causes the battery connection to be momentarily broken, causing the light to RESET BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULT! This means that you lose your last-used instant-on mode and the flashing blue light reverts to ON mode, draining your batteries even if the light is off. This is a critical flaw, IMHO, and may warrant a return. Sad, otherwise, it's a fantastic light that was poised to replace my Nitecore EA41 Pioneer as my EDC. :-(

We'll see what the story is. I've written to nitecorestore asking whether this is a design flaw, or a defective unit. I'm hoping for the latter so that I can come give a rave review of this tiny monster. :)

Hi, Captain

Any update yet? As we communicated, the issue was likely caused by the mismatched batteries -- the positive buttons were hardly protruded thus they lost contact if bumped. Have you go a chance to try other batteries ?

stjong

Newly Enlightened
@nitecorestore Is there anyway to buy the TM06s without having to buy your batteries? I have many LG high drain button top batteries I want to utilize. Thanks

I think you can choose the option to not include the batteries on the website.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if this light has the same flaw as the original TM06 where it drains 2 of the 4 batteries at an increased rate which can ruin expensive batteries. I hope so because in every other way the TM06 was the perfect light, too bad it had to be returned...

Mine is doing the exact same thing, anyone know why?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is doing the exact same thing, anyone know why?

One pair of batteries keeps the light in Stan by mode.
If you turn the light on, then unscrew the tail cap until the light goes off, the light not drain the batteries.

I had my TM06 kill a set of good high drain batteries when I forgot to lock the light out. Now it gets stored with no batteries inside if not planning to use for a while.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
One pair of batteries keeps the light in Stan by mode.
If you turn the light on, then unscrew the tail cap until the light goes off, the light not drain the batteries.

I had my TM06 kill a set of good high drain batteries when I forgot to lock the light out. Now it gets stored with no batteries inside if not planning to use for a while.

Thank you.

Vothelo

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone knows what the actual standby drain is when ones uses the standard lockout method? I too am unscrewing the tail cap but the rattle it makes when I'm moving around is extremely irritating and I don't want to lockout using the button method and then find out that a couple of the batteries are dead or at least low compared to the other two.

MisterH

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys, can anyone that owns a TM06s confirm it will only take button-top 18650's? Also any advice of which brand batteries to get would be hugely appreciated - LG HG2's and Samsung 30Q's have come up in searches as recommended.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys, can anyone that owns a TM06s confirm it will only take button-top 18650's? Also any advice of which brand batteries to get would be hugely appreciated - LG HG2's and Samsung 30Q's have come up in searches as recommended.
Flat tops will not work. Button tops or solder blob or similar.

Mine is a TM05Svn mod with four XHP50.2 for 9,500 lumens. It uses solder blob cells that Vinh54 (the modifier) supplied with the light.

Consistent search results should be a good guide as to what to use. :welcome:

MisterH

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. That set up sounds awesome, do you have to wear a heatproof glove when using it? 😊