Klarus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammock Camping!

Default Re: Hammock Camping!

Thanks Str8stroke, it was right above an old quarry and a hydro powerstation and reservoir, it was lovely but the lights are the town of Llanberis in North Wales UK.

You make me want to pack up my hammocks and get to the UK and hang out with y'all for a few days! But we need to talk food arrangements. haha
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    You make me want to pack up my hammocks and get to the UK and hang out with y'all for a few days! But we need to talk food arrangements. haha
    Food And Beer

Flashaholic CanadianSurvivalCompany's Avatar

Hammocks for a shelter system have a been a personal favorite as of late. I wish i would have used them more in the past as they are very easy to pack and have a simple set-up.
    Providing objective views on quality gear and tools
    Join us for our adventures!
    Instagram - Youtube - Facebook

Unenlightened

I have been using a hammock for camping since last July. Having tasted of this wonderful method of camping, I doubt I will ever go back to a tent. I have an ENO Doublenest Hammock, with a bug net and a rainfly (also from ENO). I go camping at least once a month and have gotten really good at setting up/tearing down camp quickly and comfortably. For me, the hammock affords much less hassle, smaller storage space, and greater sleeping comfort.

One of the benefits of living in Texas is that I can camp year-round...though I'll admit that camping in the middle of December was the coldest I've ever been while camping. Temperature dropped to 22F overnight, and my service dog and I woke to a VERY brisk morning. Amazingly, I was nice and toasty warm inside my hammock, wrapped up in a mulberry-silk filled blanket. My service dog was equally warm wrapped in her own blanket and snuggled up inside the sidecar attached to my motorcycle. Like my hammock has become for me, the sidecar has become her home-away-from-home. I've thought about trying to get her trained to sleep in the hammock with me, but she has not been inclined to cooperate.

I was going to post a photo of my usual hammock setup, but I cannot find the photo. I'll take another one next time I'm out camping. For now, here's a picture of my dog and me on the bike.

Sweet ride

The hammock hot tub.. this is great!

post a picture

free picture upload

Does anyone here have one of these: http://www.tentsile.com/

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one of their stingray models but wanted some feedback.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n800 View Post
    Does anyone here have one of these: http://www.tentsile.com/

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one of their stingray models but wanted some feedback.

thanks
    I've been looking at these and checking out videos for a bit now. They are very intriguing!!

well i have a hamock on the way i now juts need a knot a idiot can tie
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12