NEW Olight S2 - 950 lumens

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
1Ft9pyv.jpg

2XUnGeU.jpg

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
THIS is for what I was waiting. I asked Olight if they had plans to make an 18650 version of the S1, they replied saying no and that would just be an S20.

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Here is some more info I found:

Olight has announced a new addition to the Baton lineup, the S2! It boasts up to 950 lumens with one 18650 battery or two CR123A batteries.

Mode: Output / Runtime
  • Turbo: 950 lumens / 2 hours 20 minutes
  • High: 400 lumens / 4 hours 5 minutes
  • Medium: 80 lumens / 19 hours
  • Low: 10 lumens / 144 hours
  • Moon: 0.5 lumens / 60 days
  • Strobe: 10HZ

Last edited:

wsigl91

Newly Enlightened
It figures. I was debating between the S20/S30 or Zebralight's SC62 for a compact high-output 18650 light. I liked Olight's magnetic tailcap, but I wanted higher output than the S20 and smaller size than the S30.

So I bought the ZL SC62 yesterday. And now Olight comes up with the S2. Figures.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Interesting addition to their current rechargeable baton lineup. & Yeah I will also be interested to see the difference between the S2 and the S20. :)

markr6

Flashaholic
Not bad. Possibly the reason for everyone flushing out the S30?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Nice find,Overclocker!:) If you find more info, please post it.

What's the difference between the S2 and S20, besides 6.3mm in length, which seems inconsequential?

Chris

I agree. The difference in size between the S1 and S10 is 12,4 mm. I think that the difference in length between S2 and S20 should be more than just 6mm. When looking at the comparison picture, it looks like the difference in length is more than 6mm.

Since there now is a S1 and a S2, the question is if there will also come a S1,5(the counterpart of the S15) and a S3(the counterpart of the S30)?:thinking:

markr6

Flashaholic
I agree. The difference in size between the S1 and S10 is 12,4 mm. I think that the difference in length between S2 and S20 should be more than just 6mm. When looking at the comparison picture, it looks like the difference in length is more than 6mm.

It looks like 6mm to me. Look at the 23mm width for reference and figure about 1/4 of that as long as they are to scale (I'm sure they are).

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the size of the heads, for some reason the s2's bigger, thats where the length is lost.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It figures. I was debating between the S20/S30 or Zebralight's SC62 for a compact high-output 18650 light. I liked Olight's magnetic tailcap, but I wanted higher output than the S20 and smaller size than the S30.

So I bought the ZL SC62 yesterday. And now Olight comes up with the S2. Figures.

Clearly, the Zebralight SC62 is the better flashlight. When it goes on sale, however, the Olight S2 is likely to be half the price!

As Olight does not offer neutral-white models of its flashlights, I will not be a buyer of the S2. I am interested, however, in the use of TIR optics. In most general-purpose flashlights that have a reflector, I like the beam produced by a diffuser much better than the regular beam. With a TIR, it is possible to get a similar beam, but without the need for a diffuser.

I am not sure, however, whether the TIR implementation used by the S2 would give me the beam I like.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clearly, the Zebralight SC62 is the better flashlight. When it goes on sale, however, the Olight S2 is likely to be half the price!

As Olight does not offer neutral-white models of its flashlights, I will not be a buyer of the S2. I am interested, however, in the use of TIR optics. In most general-purpose flashlights that have a reflector, I like the beam produced by a diffuser much better than the regular beam. With a TIR, it is possible to get a similar beam, but without the need for a diffuser.

I am not sure, however, whether the TIR implementation used by the S2 would give me the beam I like.
Zebralight is definitely a winner for me. I'd love to see the new SC63 with a TIR optic to reduce the length and give a smoother beam. The S2 would have to be modded to a neutral or warm LED for me. The one thing that's most interesting to me about the S2 is the possibility of copper and titanium versions.

The modes seem to be spaced well for the S2.

Flashy808

Enlightened
Hmm just thought of something: Maybe this is to help combat Nitecore's MH20?? But of course it is slimmer but it is a compact rechargeable.

akhyar

Enlightened
Hmm just thought of something: Maybe this is to help combat Nitecore's MH20?? But of course it is slimmer but it is a compact rechargeable.

If using Olight's naming convention, their rechargeable lights should have an "R" at the end of their model name, like S15R, S30R, etc, but I don't see it here

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened

I'd imagine it gives a similar beam to the S1 since the pic makes it look like the same head. The s1 has a wide hotspot... and nothing else really.
Also of note is the upcoming titanium s1 which will have a neutral white emitter. I wonder if they are planning to give the S2 a similar treatment... A titanium S2 with a neutral white XML2 would make a nice pairing with my standard S1. :p