Lanyard holes that are drilled close to the hairy edge .. how long before they break?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
:sweat: I have a couple of lights where the hole is so close to the edge of the tailcap that it's probably going to wear through eventually. The material is super thin, just several thousands and will only fit a very micro size key ring. Maybe the key ring will break first, but really, I don't want anything to break. Why don't they beef it up a bit, add just a bit more material, drill the hole inboard just a bit more to make these things more robust! That is my challenge to the flashlight designer people! :touche:

Anyone here ever have a lanyard hole open up from wear and tear? :ohgeez:

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
:sweat: I have a couple of lights where the hole is so close to the edge of the tailcap that it's probably going to wear through eventually. Anyone here ever have a lanyard hole open up from wear and tear? :ohgeez:
Cotton fabric will wear thin and break long before you wear through the anodized aluminum. If you are using a metal split ring, they stretch out rather easy.

My Led Lenser P3AFS used a split ring then a barrel swivel for key ring attachment. On three different occasions, the barrel swivel wore to the point that the light fell free. Put it back together and crushed the swivel a little bit more.