Nitecore flashing voltage indicator accuracy

kitsvancouver

Newly Enlightened
I finally got around to reading the manual for my Nitecore EAX 2000 and noticed it has a voltage meter accurate to 0.1 volts. I just put in a freshly charged set of AA batteries that are rated at 1.2 volts each. I was expecting a reading of 9.6 volts (8 x 1.2 volts), but I only got a reading of 5.7 volts. I'm curious to know if anyone else has tried this feature out and if the reading was that far off.

The manual says a fully charged battery should read 4.2 volts, but I'm assuming it's just a copy and paste error from one of their lithium powered lights.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
No light leaves the factory with the contact points clean. Take the light apart, take rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip and clean the contact points and see if that changes anything

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about that light but both of mine with the voltage indicator are spot on.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EAX, like its cousin the EA8, is a 4S2P setup. Therefore the voltage reading was correct. It would correspond to ~1.4 volts per cell.

I have found all of the voltage circuits on my Nitecore lights to match my DVDM within .1 volts.