New for 2015 Eagletac USB rechargeable light DX30LC2-R

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flight Deck: the non-rechargeable DX30LC2 beat the P12GT to market, I'm pretty sure :) Would love to get a head-to-head of the two -- the Nitecore claims over 50% more candlepower -- ~20K for the ET vs 33K for the NiteCore -- but with Nitecore's proclivity to fib a bit on their specs, I wonder if there's any difference at all...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd miss Nitecore's voltage indicator. Extremely handy function. DX30LC2 has some overall, 4-stage battery level checker, not a full voltage indicator. Better than nothing though.

It seems that there's no mode memory and you need to use two buttons at once (and two hands) to turn it on in low level.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surprised more interest isn't shown for these new Eagletac AA models. The 6x one isn't as interesting to me because it's just so big, but the 3x AA model sporting the XPL HI and diffuser light is quite nice.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd miss Nitecore's voltage indicator. Extremely handy function. DX30LC2 has some overall, 4-stage battery level checker, not a full voltage indicator. Better than nothing though.

It seems that there's no mode memory and you need to use two buttons at once (and two hands) to turn it on in low level.

This, plus the P12GT has a moonlight mode.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I'm turned off by the lack of moonlight mode. I think I'm going to try and buy 3 or 4 spare D25A2s in case they change those to this new set up as well

Beckler

Enlightened
I'm liking the SX30A6 diffuser light; it seems it would be a nice backup light for power outages since it's a mini-lantern and AA powered. But USB charging and powering would have been nice too for use with portable battery pack, etc.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
For myself, I do like the voltage indicator on the Nitecore (moonlight mode is a don't-care for me on a light this size) ... but according to the just-posted review of the P12-GT, the .4s-.5s delay from tailcap push to on is a complete and total deal-killer for me. So for me, the Eagletac remains the only game in town for a HI LED in this form factor with forward tailcap clicky (right?), at least until we figure out why the Nitecore has that delay, and whether it's just a bad sample.

fpbear

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to get one of these to keep handy in the car, especially since they have it in neutral.

DX30LC2-R
Not a fan of the UI on these new models. If it was the old model with the twist head/tail cap UI and ability to turn mode memory on and off I would be all over it.

?? :eek: ?? I hate the old Eagtac UI, and the new UI is the reason I started buying their flashlights again. With the old twist cap UI I felt like I was removing the battery every time I simply wanted to lower the level. My favorite UI is the new Eagletacs with both the white and black buttons so I can get to low mode instantly and intuitively. This new UI with a single side button is still a major improvement. The old twist cap UI drove me crazy.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
?? :eek: ?? I hate the old Eagtac UI, and the new UI is the reason I started buying their flashlights again. With the old twist cap UI I felt like I was removing the battery every time I simply wanted to lower the level. My favorite UI is the new Eagletacs with both the white and black buttons so I can get to low mode instantly and intuitively. This new UI with a single side button is still a major improvement. The old twist cap UI drove me crazy.

I like the looks of the UI on the MX30L4XC with the two buttons but not on this model where it takes two simultaneous button presses to start off in low. With the UI on the previous version (the UI on the current D25A2) I can leave the mode memory off, light starts in moonlight mode every time and it's a simple tap of the switch to advance to the next mode. If I want immediate turbo I just tighten the head and boom, there it is along with strobe. I don't like the side switches used on any of these style lights

SpeedRacer

Newly Enlightened
I just got this one with a 5200k daylight tint. Amazing brightness but gets too hot to handle after a few minutes on high.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I know I'm around a year late but I just purchased one of these. What kind of runtime can you get on it, with the 2400mAh it comes with, and has anyone had any problems with this light?