decent 18650 Portable Power Bank?

jeech

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of or have a decent 18650 portable power bank to charge mobile devices? I've been wanting a power bank for a bit, and recently I've realized I carry 2-3 18650s around with me everywhere--it'd be great if I could use them to juice up my phone. I'd rather not buy a dedicated power bank as my need for one is small and infrequent. I don't want the battery just sitting there, wasting away. I'd rather have something that uses my 18650s, which get used and charged regularly. I'm looking for something that will take 1-2 cells, but I'll consider more.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I have a Mophie cell phone case that's an auxilary battery. It has about 1.5 charges in it. It's pretty unobtrusive and won't get in your way. The Mophie Juice Pack. If you don't want to carry a dedicated power bank, it's a pretty good choice.

I like their products, have a couple different things from them. I've had no problems.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I picked up some cheap 2000mah single cell power banks (pocket juice) at walmart in a clearance bin for $4.88 each at that price I later picked up a second one they have 2 cell ones for I think $10. If you just want a box without cells I think HKJ did a review on about a dozen of them and posted the link to it in a thread somewhere.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
goto Banggood and type in 18650 DIY power bank. Tons of them there. Best part is you can put whatever cells you like in them. I have several I "built" using laptop pulls. Just match the voltages and cell age best you can. They will work great.

jeech

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I've seen the mophie cases. I don't wanna add bulk to my phone. I did a search for portable power bank on the forums and didn't turn up for anything, but then I only searched thread titles. HKJ--is that an acronym for someone? I've seen them referred to before, but don't know that I've actually seen their posts.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic