• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Release date for TN4A XP-L HI?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Thrunite! Already own both CW and NW TN4A's and love them! When is the release date for the upcoming XP-L HI version? Cant wait!

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I'll be curious to see how the XP-L HI variant compares to the originals. I do love my NW TN4A. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im thinking the HI TN4A meets its advertised 52k CD. Would be nice if they would post a release date...

totobel

Newly Enlightened
what's exactly the big diff ?
Less lumens but more candela and more throw ?

(the original one was already a superb all rounder for me)

DLite57

Newly Enlightened
Have had this light for a few weeks & it is AMAZING! Blows away my Nitecore EA41 (2015) & utilizes the HI version as it should.
Not floody, has great throw & on Turbo easily throws around 500m!
I have a SR52UT INTIMIDATOR & ET G25C2 MKII with XP-L HI, different lights but both impressive for their size.
The reflector on the TN4A XP-L HI isn't as deep as I expected & wished it was deeper. But even being not even 1/2 as deep as the G25C2, it out-throws it with a slightly bigger hotspot.
Price jumped up $7 on Amazon for this model but still a steal!!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
After corresponding with ThruNite I received this:

"Thanks for contacting us. TN4A HI NW will be available in the end of Sept."

This is great news for those that were holding off on the TN4A HI because it was previously only available in cool white.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could not resist the NW HI TN4A. I now have SIX TN4A's! Just cannot pass up what is the 4xAA KING! I love comparing and contrasting them especially the CW HI and NW HI...

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I'd be curious to hear your comparison.

I have the the shorter range lights I need and something like this would be more just for fun with an emphasis on range. I'm guessing the CW is what I would want?