Which one should I EDC?

Streak

Enlightened
I had the pleasure of visiting Burger knives on a trip to South Africa last year.
I got a bit carried away, to say the least.
I have had these all very nicely wrapped up and took them out yesterday to marvel again over them.
The most expensive knife I have ever EDC'd is a Spyderco ZDP89 Delica or a para military.

I get a bit nervous at the thought of carrying a knife costing many hundreds of dollars.
Talk me into it!

20151116_161820_resized by streak3, on Flickr
20151116_161616_resized by streak3, on Flickr
20151116_161902_resized by streak3, on Flickr

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Third one down in the first pic is what I would carry. I like a smaller knife. That smaller damascus looks very nice. Next choice would be the Dam large one. :grin2:

Edit, what do those knives sell for new? I don't know knives very well.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send a couple to me and I'll try em out and will give you a recommendation.

:naughty:

Very nice pieces.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prefer the Gerber bear grylls knife after seeing him performing in the Man Vs. Wild Survival show.

I kinda laughed at those knives when I first saw them. Then my bro in law picked up a folder and has beat it hard. The darn thing has held up well. It just needs to be sharpened every now and then. But, I must say I have a new respect, considering the price and though they have them at Walmart.
Hope this thread doesn't turn into a bashing Bear thread. I have read too many of those. I like his and Les Stroud products. Les has some nice Camillus knives. Check those out too, especially if you like the Bear edition knives. I got one Camillus. The think is build like a freaking tank! I chop down banana trees with it.

Destiny

Newly Enlightened
I get a bit nervous at the thought of carrying a knife costing many hundreds of dollars. Talk me into it!
NOOOOOooo! Don't do it! Some knives are made for opening packages and cleaning under your fingernails, and others should become heirlooms. Get a Cold Steel knife with a CTS-XHP blade or, if you really want to do some cutting, heck, get an Espada XL, but don't put gems into slingshots! If you just want to see them, take a good digital photo of them and make it your desktop photo.

Or just do what I do and buy a fake Sebenza. (Just kidding.)

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
These knives are meant to be carried & used. Since I like smaller knives, I would carry & use the first 1st. in the first picture. If you want to carry a bigger knife, then the bottom knife in the same picture. Custom knives are useable art!!

doubledownffxi

Newly Enlightened
These knives are meant to be carried & used. Since I like smaller knives, I would carry & use the first 1st. in the first picture. If you want to carry a bigger knife, then the bottom knife in the same picture. Custom knives are useable art!!

Couldnt agree more with the fact they are meant to be carried and used. As for me i would be carrying number 3 and 4 from first pic. I love to carry my damascus blades and other people do too. I love making someone step back to say "that cost how much?" as im tearing through something with it. nice little grab you made yourself there. enjoy them all!

jsartison

Newly Enlightened
Holy SMOKES!! You need to carry all of them!! In rotation of course, but they all deserve to be used. They are tools after all. Trevor makes fantastic knives. I own a few South African blades, and have a few more on order. You are lucky to own those, so them the honour of using them.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
just carry the one that you like the most and use it.

This! Pick the one that you LOVE the most; then carry it & use it. ENJOY it! Keep it simple. They are made to use. You bought them because you liked them, and or loved them. If you don't love them, then don't keep them. That is way of looking at it. If you don't love it, don't keep it.

jdboy

Enlightened
I like a larger blade so the bottom one and the 4th from the top would be my carry picks. The bottom one would be a great EDC while the 4th from the top could see some major weekend carry. Love a damascus blade!!

jdboy

Enlightened
This! Pick the one that you LOVE the most; then carry it & use it. ENJOY it! Keep it simple. They are made to use. You bought them because you liked them, and or loved them. If you don't love them, then don't keep them. That is way of looking at it. If you don't love it, don't keep it.

Excellent perspective, if I don't carry/use it I sell it.

vulferius

Newly Enlightened
I would carry one of the smaller one, probably the one with the G10 (I think) handles. Smaller knives have almost the same utility and are less intimidating when used in public. Any good knife is meant to be used, use it and enjoy. If you're really worried get two, one to keep in the safe and one for carry :)

1DaveN

Enlightened
I have two EDC folders. One is irreplaceable (not that it's so valuable, but for sentimental value reasons). I agree with the thought that if you have it, you should use it. So, I carry my "good" knife most of the time. I go for the easily replaced one if it's going in checked baggage on a plane, crossing a border, in the boat - anywhere more subject to loss or theft. So to answer the original question, I'd probably carry one of the Damascus ones normally, but a plain blade one at times I'd be worried about loss or damage.