Any program out there that will let you print.....

FNG

Enlightened
Any program out there that will let you print a poster using regular 8.5x11 sheets where you can piece them back together for a finished product? A friend needs to print a couple paragraphs of text in at least 72 font for a display. Is there a cheaper alternative (like doing it at home) then going out to Kinko's or similar? Thanks.

Joel

Newly Enlightened
Hi FNG,

I use Qimage Pro. It will allow you to do custom sizes over multiple pages. I've used it several times for that purpose and it works great. It's also the best digital photo printing software I've ever used. You can find it @ http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

Good luck,
Joel

FNG

Enlightened
Thanks, it might be just what im/he's looking for. Ill get back to you if I have any problems.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Re: Any program out there that will let you print.

Check through all the options of your printer's driver. My HP color inkjet driver has a poster print option using 2x3 sheets or 3x4 sheets. Some other manufactures may have this feature also.

oxanen

Newly Enlightened

What type of printer are you using ? I have a pretty old HP and the driver does the same.

FNG

Enlightened

Thanks for the replies, guys. He found some freeware called Poster v7.7 that did what he wanted and used a whole 16 pages.

Joel, the one you linked me to in the email wanted $12 before I could save or print with it. Thanks anyway.

BF Hammer

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
oxanen said:
What type of printer are you using ? I have a pretty old HP and the driver does the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use an HP photosmart 1115 for color and photo prints, the majority of my printing is done on an older Kyocera FS-1700 laser printer (much cheaper cost/print).