• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

NEW Product Arrived - NiteCore MH40GT LED 1000 Lumen 878 Yard Throw Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
NiteCore MH40GT LED 1000 Lumen LED Flashlight

Longer-throwing upgrade to Nitecore MH40
1000 lumens with 878 yard throw
Rechargeable with two 18650 batteries
Four user-defined modes via twisting the head

15% OFF with
CPF15OFF Coupon Code

Purchase at NITECORESTORE.COM

15% OFF with CPF15OFF Coupon Code

15% OFF with CPF15OFF Coupon Code

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NEW Product Announcement - NiteCore MH40GT LED 1000 Lumen 878 Yard Throw Flashlig

Wow. 161,300cd = nice!

Love the screw-on aluminum sleeve that covers the charging port. I have a strong preference for this design compared to simple rubber plugs.

Can you tell me more about the charging function? Charging two 18650 batteries in series can be a bit tricky. Can the Nitecore MH40GT measure the voltage of each battery separately? If not, how does the MH40GT know when charging is complete? If one battery finishes charging before its mate, does charging simply continue anyway?

These are complex technical questions, of course, so I do not expect you can answer them off the top of your head.

I appreciate any info you can provide.

wjv

Enlightened
Re: NEW Product Announcement - NiteCore MH40GT LED 1000 Lumen 878 Yard Throw Flashlig

It's been a month that this light is out and we have no info about it. Doesn't seem to have enthousiast for this one.

Saw the great throw rating and the good run times.
Was about to buy it, until I saw the mode sequence:

H -> M -> L -> Disco1 -> Disco2 -> H

Have no use for lights that go H-> M -> L

And

Have no use for lights that force you to sequence through disco modes when you just want to change brightness levels.

It could have been a really great light, but the UI killed it for me.

Gunther Grey

Newly Enlightened

Looks interesting. From the owners manual; User-defined mode is accessed by slightly loosening the flashlight head. In this mode,lightly and rapidly pressing the switch will cycle through brightness and otherfunctions in the following order: "High-Mid-Low-SOS-Strobe". The MH40GT willmemorise the desired setting approximately 8 second after it is turned off.
The light and rapid scrolling through the user defined mode isn't an issue to me. The memory function would most likely be used the most by me.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

8 seconds? What is going on around here? Did NC hire Armyteks cast off engineers? Talk about late to the party my Javelots eat this NC. To be fair I did a bit more research and this light is pretty compact for its ratings. Still to be fair Olight nailed this category of compact super thrower to the wall over a year ago. Come on NC release the MH20GT already Id buy it as soon as it was released....

jfong

Newly Enlightened

Still to be fair Olight nailed this category of compact super thrower to the wall over a year ago.

Are you referring to the M3XS-UT Javelot? If so, I don't consider that comparable because they factory de-dome an XP-L for that, leaving the emitter completely bare, and significant green tint for some. They jumped the gun, advertising an XP-L HI to seem like they had and were using the latest and greatest, then just put something else in the torch when they started shipping.

To me, a manufacturer that does it right with an authentic XP-L HI, and doesn't lie or deceive either, get a lot more credibility for their thrower.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

Saw the great throw rating and the good run times.
Was about to buy it, until I saw the mode sequence:

H -> M -> L -> Disco1 -> Disco2 -> H

Have no use for lights that go H-> M -> L

And

Have no use for lights that force you to sequence through disco modes when you just want to change brightness levels.

It could have been a really great light, but the UI killed it for me.

Should not be a big problem. Usually I set the auxiliary mode to be on low or medium. When the head is tightened it is on the high, when the head is loosen it is on low. I only use these two modes. The Strobe/Disco are for shows only :)