Something new and unsafe I saw: amber headlights. Not yellow, amber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha1234

Newly Enlightened
and even worse, only one of them was working! It was bright, obnoxious, and useless. Exact same color as the parking lights/turn signals. A relatively new Tundra.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw something similar on a motorcycle: 3 amber headlights arranged in a triangle.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
People do all kinds of dumb things with the lights on their cars. The severity of police response to do-it-yourself amber lights described here (last paragraph of the news article) is probably a little severe, but it would be nice if there were any dependable police response to such tampering.

Hilldweller

Enlightened
I saw a Jeep XJ (older Cherokee) yesterday with lovely green halos in front. Like the "go" part of a traffic light.
Stupid is as stupid does, my Momma use'ta say.

Flashlight Enthusiast
you sure it was the headlight and not the drl ?

my toyota stock amber DRL's are freaking BRIGHT and have visible throw

KXA

Newly Enlightened
Had this trouble in my hometown. Saw an old Chevy truck with red LED halos and thought at first that it was the rear end...until the truck became larger and still larger. Definably not safe! Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid!

As to amber headlight bulbs, Catz is one company that makes this utter rubbish. Their products should be blocked at the border.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I'm seeing a lot of blue and red (and green, pink, purple, orange...) LEDs on the front of civilian cars. That's theoretically a great big no-no in every state, but the cars are still on the road. It doesn't help that "respectable" (?) companies like Sylvania are pushing LED color changey-changey gadgets.

KXA

Newly Enlightened
I'm seeing a lot of blue and red (and green, pink, purple, orange...) LEDs on the front of civilian cars. That's theoretically a great big no-no in every state, but the cars are still on the road. It doesn't help that "respectable" (?) companies like Sylvania are pushing LED color changey-changey gadgets.

Great...a top tier manufacturer making this crap too? What's going on over at Sylvania R&D anyway? We're heading to roadway lighting chaos!

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
This weekend, I saw a car with red halos lit around the low beams, high beams, and fog lights. I don't understand how he can drive around without being pulled over....he's lucky I'm not a cop, I'd give him a ticket and have him cut the wires right there.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
People do all kinds of dumb things with the lights on their cars. The severity of police response to do-it-yourself amber lights described here (last paragraph of the news article) is probably a little severe, but it would be nice if there were any dependable police response to such tampering.

It was a simpler time, then. Why, back then you could buy a three-bedroom home for $5475. :)

Not only am I seeing more and more of those halos and underbody light kits, flashing CHMSLs seem to be aggressively proliferating...

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm seeing a lot of blue and red (and green, pink, purple, orange...) LEDs on the front of civilian cars...

Today I saw red LEDs being used as DRLs on the front of a mid-size pickup, at the headlamp and foglight positions.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I saw red LEDs being used as DRLs on the front of a mid-size pickup, at the headlamp and foglight positions.

In Tulsa on Saturday I saw a Challenger with green haloes around the headlamps and fog lamps.
Red or green, it's stupid and unsafe. Hopefully these guys get to see more red and blue in their rear-view mirror soon.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing this is a huge threadsurrection (and someone in a previous post already mentioned red lights on the front of a car) this thread needs to return to the grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts