*2016* ZebraLight SC63 and variants like the SC63w

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
As pre-orders for the ZebraLight SC63(w) are going to begin in a few weeks, it is about time this flashlight got it's own thread.

Have at it! All things SC63!

Any update on when these will start US shipping?
Looking forward to this light ........and future SC63w. Do you a date set for Pre-order SC63w?
Thanks,
Bob
spacer.gif
Staff (Administrator)
12/8/2015 11:47:46 PM
We are about to receive the first shipment of SC600 Mk3 in a few days. We'll start to take SC63(w) pre-orders in about one month.

TCY

Enlightened
I bothered ZL once more today and was told that the specs will be released in about a month.

markr6

Flashaholic
A fresh thread for a (hopefully) GREAT LIGHT!!

Considering Zebralights history from model to model, I don't expect anything crazy, new UI, different color anodizing or anything like that.

So, I'm guessing maybe:

1. No more ribbed tube. Instead, a straight, knurled tube like the SC5. Hopefully this doesn't mean a gain in size/weight like the SC52>SC5 "conversion".
2. XHP35 emitter like the SC600.

That's all I got and all it needs in my opinion.

And just for fun (switch not to scale)...

SC63.jpg

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if they'll use the tail cap springs and shorten the length? Also they may have to go with unprotected batteries only to power the new LED and driver. I actually like the SC5 design, if they could shorten the length of the SC62 by a quarter inch while keeping the same slim profile and the same output, or slightly more, it would definitely be a homerun in my book. Why does ZL have to keep releasing all these great lights lol!

markr6

Flashaholic
I think once we see the tailcap spring design on the SC600 III (next week), we can probably assume it will be the same on the SC63. I'm hoping it's narrow like the SC62. Any fatter and there's no real benefit over the SC600 III that I can see, which is already pretty sleek...more so than the mk II (fatter head).

markr6

Flashaholic
How will accidental activation compare with the SC62?

Should be the same. Remember, the switch on that photo above is not to scale...just a photoshop hack I did for fun. We'll see what it actually looks like soon I hope!

henry1960

Enlightened
A fresh thread for a (hopefully) GREAT LIGHT!!

Considering Zebralights history from model to model, I don't expect anything crazy, new UI, different color anodizing or anything like that.

So, I'm guessing maybe:

1. No more ribbed tube. Instead, a straight, knurled tube like the SC5. Hopefully this doesn't mean a gain in size/weight like the SC52>SC5 "conversion".
2. XHP35 emitter like the SC600.

That's all I got and all it needs in my opinion.

And just for fun (switch not to scale)...

SC63.jpg
ILL definitely pre order this one!!

Glock27

Enlightened
I'd prefer the ribs as opposed the knurling like the SC600. The tubes of 62 are incredibly light and don't tear up pockets .

G27

jhe888

Newly Enlightened
I'd like a clip on pocket clip instead of the screw on one.

Glock27

Enlightened

I love the clip the way it is. I've carried an SC6Xw daily for over 4 years. I've bent 1 clip to date and it straightened right up after removing it.
I would go as far as maybe not getting a 63 if they goof with the clip.

G27

keeperofdakeys

Newly Enlightened
What I'm wondering is how much product differentiation there will be. Will the sc63 just be a smaller sc600 mkiii?

Skivvy9r

Newly Enlightened
I have never had an accidental activation (Hot Pocket!) with an SC62. I carry and use one daily.
The SC60's were bad for that! My cure for that was to just carry it on L1.

G27

It's my EDC and I've had mine activate several times in my pocket. Must have been caused by the other junk sharing the pocket. I try to remember to clip it to the side of the pocket, eliminating the accidental activations.

Skivvy9r

Newly Enlightened

It would be nice to be able to easily remove the clip, but with the screw on clip I have confidence to clip it to the exterior of bag with molle. So there's that.

markr6

Flashaholic
What I'm wondering is how much product differentiation there will be. Will the sc63 just be a smaller sc600 mkiii?

That's what got me stumped. There really doesn't seem like much reason to keep a SC63 model, unless they really scaled it down somehow (impossible?) The SC600 III looks like they trimmed the fat off the SC600 II, so the SC63 seems like it would be so close in size.

Maybe it has more to do with differences in the reflector and beam type (like the SC600 II vs SC62 right now). Of course I'm not complaining....I like options and will probably end up with both. It's an addiction!!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what got me stumped. There really doesn't seem like much reason to keep a SC63 model, unless they really scaled it down somehow (impossible?) The SC600 III looks like they trimmed the fat off the SC600 II, so the SC63 seems like it would be so close in size.

Maybe it has more to do with differences in the reflector and beam type (like the SC600 II vs SC62 right now). Of course I'm not complaining....I like options and will probably end up with both. It's an addiction!!
Yeah, I'm sure they will continue the beam and reflector difference as well as the size difference.

Though I ordered the new 600, I don't find the 600 series pocketable like I do the sc6x series.

Glock27

Enlightened
I hope Pre-Orders include XHP35 Neutral White (Nominal CCT 4500K) and the HI dedomed. I'm going to get both if available. A 63 with more throw would be nice!

G27