94 CRI (minimum) in a standard 5mm DIP LED form!!

djozz

Newly Enlightened
A while ago I bought a bag full of their 3200K version 5mm leds, and they really have a lovely tint and a nice even beam profile, I'm using them everywhere I can. I did notice in a 6x 5mm-led fixture that although the tint is always good (I can't really measure it but I believe their CRI claims), the actual tint varies visibly between the indidvidual leds. I will see if I can catch that in a picture and post it here one of these days.

They have a store with quite some other interesting high CRI things. In the same order I bought a e27 4000K 96CRI remote phosfor household bulb, and it has really upgraded my work light, the bulb is quite expensive but you get something really good (and it has been running for hours every night for half a year now without problems). Only problem with the store is high shipping costs.

clemence

Newly Enlightened
These days....with such close competitions between LED manufacturers out there, lumen is not the only thing most people pursue. I don't know if this is the effect of aging or it's just my eyes...but I appreciate high CRI lights way more than I did several years ago. Even the blueish/purplish tint from my power bank flash light really annoys me!

markr6

Flashaholic
These days....with such close competitions between LED manufacturers out there, lumen is not the only thing most people pursue. I don't know if this is the effect of aging or it's just my eyes...but I appreciate high CRI lights way more than I did several years ago. Even the blueish/purplish tint from my power bank flash light really annoys me!

No kidding. I'm getting way off topic here but sticking with the CRI discussion, I recently received some 4000K, 90CRI, 840lm LED bulbs. They are PERFECT! So much better than my 5000K Crees with 80CRI. Or any CCT with 80CRI for that matter. I'll say, it's a bit strange seeing high CRI from a cool-ish (4000K) bulb. I get it now :)

clemence

Newly Enlightened
These are ordinary leaded 5mm LEDs, NOT DIPs.
According to many literatures, it's considered to be DIP (Dual Inline Package) LED package. And I also use the same terms as the manufacturer (Yuji) use to promote his product. If there are another industrial names for this, I don't know.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
but much better than the common blueish white 5mm with terrible color rendering.
seller claims ra75 whatever that translates to.
and in my punishment tests these are holding up.100 ma drive in free air with no heatsinking and no visible degredation over a control sample.after 24 hours.
every other 5mm i have here was dead in minutes to a few hours.
going to keep pounding this one....

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes 100ma on a fresh 18650.just held by spring tension of the leads.i formed them to plug into one of my li-ion modded versapaks.its still fine....

Burgess

Flashaholic
Can't WAIT to see these 94 CRI emitters

in a Fenix E01 flashlight ! ! !

< hint hint >

evgeniy

Newly Enlightened
A while ago I bought a bag full of their 3200K version 5mm leds, and they really have a lovely tint and a nice even beam profile, I'm using them everywhere I can.

What driver you user for it?
Are you use dimmers (by voltage/current, or PWM) ?

TexLite

Enlightened
Yuji does indeed have an awesome product lineup, and their "violet" series have a 98 CRI rating. Unfortunately in the last 6 months or so their prices have skyrocketed, and they've also been OOS on many of the items I've ordered before (SMD strips and COB's).

The 5mm LED's are about the only thing that hasn't tripled in price, though they've gone up to $15 from $10 recently. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the recent fluctuations in currency or demand.

-Michael