• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mako Flood Titanium, Two-Stage, 1xAAA

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mako-Flood-Hand-Polished_zpsrpd9za1a.jpg

(my photo)

Mako Flood Titanium, Two-Stage, 1xAAA-Based Long-Runtime Flashlight

Limited run of 75 produced in 2012 for members of CPF (total run was sold out in just nine days)

- AAA Based
- 13mm Diameter x 68mm Long
- Cree 5mm LED, Flood
- Machined from 6AL4V Titanium, Bead Blasted
- 24K Gold Plated Contacts
- Dual Stage, Fully Regulated DC/DC Converter
- Water Resistant
- Smooth threads with no grittiness at all
- Large twist spacing between Low and High, with many turns to remove head (a safety feature)
- 1.65x7mm slot in tail to accept 1.5x6mm Tritium vial
- CRI on these LEDs is around 75, with a warm neutral white color
- Uses any 1.5V AAA battery (Alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable)
- Equipped with a split ring, locator slot, and capable of tail-standing
- Runtimes: 80 hours on low, 20 hours on high using a 1.5V Energizer AAA lithium [these times were never stated by maker, but shown in later testing by CPF members]
- Brightness: 20mA high (8600 millicandela output, around 6 lumens), 6mA low (5800 millicandela, around 2 lumens), with LED driven to spec for a solid lifespan on the diode
- 2012 Price: $162 shipped (no tritium vial included)

"The objective with the Mako design was to make a nice, small, and very-long running utility torch that ran off of a common cell and would function well in any situation. It won't win any brightness contests, and never was intended to - what it will do is run well, reliably, and for a very long time. It is a small, AAA-based flashlight with a 5mm LED, a fully regulated, efficient, two-stage driver, with a body made from bead blasted 6AL-4V Titanium that comes equipped with a tritium locator slot, a split ring mounting point, and a design that is capable of tail standing."

The original CPF thread: [url]Mako Flood Run - A Titanium, Two-Stage, AAA
[/URL]
This particular Flood I'm offering was hand-picked and then laboriously hand-polished especially for me by the designer/maker Enrique Muyshondt of Texas (aka: Endeavor).

And here's my thread which started the whole Mako Flood project, and the reason Enrique produced this particular one for me -

[url]Mako: the most important flashlight ever[/URL]

Current condition: Its been gently carried and fondled a few times, but never on a keychain where it might have been scratched.

I sure hate to let this Mako go, but bills must be paid...

SOLD to acmatlack

$195, includes green tritium vial ($18 value), stainless steel ballchain ($7 value), split ring, and fresh Eveready lithium battery

Paypal (fees included) or postal money order preferred. Price includes insured Priority USPS shipping in CONUS. No trades please.

Email for questions: eric (at) wilddogstudios.com

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: FS: Mako Flood Titanium, Two-Stage, 1xAAA

Nice. This shouldn't last long.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you guys, you've been wonderful CPF supporters and contributors over the years.

be well, enjoy the holidays, and always stay bright!!!!!!

acmatlack

Newly Enlightened

I'll take this.
Sending an email!
Thanks

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Nice score, congrats!

I thought someone would grab this. I would have but I already have two.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

acmatlack: PP received. its yours!!! thanks for understanding about the slow delivery situation (i live very remotely and am currently snowed in).

magellan & PSM & ganga: you all make me smile. thank you.

gunga: i have one more pix, but its not as sharp as i would have liked. i've been trying to upload it but the storm is screwing up my satellite internet uplink (data ok, pixs nope). will try again when the skies clear a bit. :)

EDIT: snows have lightened up so here you go gunga

Mako-Flood-beam_zpsgh5naqkr.jpg

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sort of the passing of the torch; coyote gets some credit for the very existence of this fine light. :thumbsup:

Indeed he does - coyote was pretty instrumental in getting me to produce the Mako Flood (and by extension the Mk. II). This light was the one pictured on the main page of my website for a while, too - enjoy it, acmatlack. :)

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed he does - coyote was pretty instrumental in getting me to produce the Mako Flood (and by extension the Mk. II). This light was the one pictured on the main page of my website for a while, too - enjoy it, acmatlack. :)

oh endeavor, if only life allowed us to always hold on to all the things we love.

i have one last Mako that shall stay with me until the day i die. its in my pocket now and is there 24/7/365, except when showering or sleeping, whereupon its within arm's reach!

enrique, thank you so much for doing what you do. or to use another pun: "you light up my life" ;-)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
LOL!!!! great pun! :)
... albeit a bit threadbare after all these years. :eek:

My Mako Flood resides in my backpack survival gear. Seldom use it but am confident in it as a backup. In an emergency it would promptly get the cells from my other AAA EDC's. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
... albeit a bit threadbare these days. :eek:
My Mako Food resides in my backpack survival gear. Seldom use it but am confident in it as a backup. In an emergency it would promptly get the cells from my other AAA EDC's. :thumbsup:

It makes a great cell holder on a key chain for primary AAA EDC too. :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie

acmatlack: PP received. its yours!!! thanks for understanding about the slow delivery situation (i live very remotely and am currently snowed in).

magellan & PSM & ganga: you all make me smile. thank you.

gunga: i have one more pix, but its not as sharp as i would have liked. i've been trying to upload it but the storm is screwing up my satellite internet uplink (data ok, pixs nope). will try again when the skies clear a bit. :)

EDIT: snows have lightened up so here you go gunga

Mako-Flood-beam_zpsgh5naqkr.jpg

Whereabouts do you live? I've travelled around most of the Pacific NW and B.C.

Heading out to Spokane, WA and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in late Jan. to see friends.

Last edited:

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whereabouts do you live? I've travelled around most of the Pacific NW and B.C.

Heading out to Spokane, WA and Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in late Jan. to see friends.

having lived a few places myself, i've come to love the Pac NW so can see why you're interested in it. very diverse, always interesting. enjoy your trip magellan!

we live high in the Blue Mountains of Grant County Oregon, above the Middle Fork, about a hundred miles to any of the nearest towns that surround us. equal distance from John Day, Baker City, Pendleton and La Grande. middle of nowhere. what some folks call The Wilderness. no lights visible at night in any direction. real flashlight country!

pixs of my wife patti headed off to work, and a view looking southeast of our ponies:

Patti-horseback-Jan-2012.jpg

Horses-on-ridge-winter.jpg

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Wow, awesome area for sure. What's the altitude there?

I love the Pacific NW and B.C. I'm from southern and northern California, but currently live in Maryland. We usually spend a couple of months on Maui a year. Eventually we'll move back to the west coast as my wife likes Seattle and I prefer the west coast as well. But I could live anywhere from San Diego to Vancouver, and Vancouver Island as well. I lived for 40 years all over California, from the Oregon border to the Mexican border, so I feel like a native even though I was born in Chicago.

Last edited: