2015 F-150 need more output

wannabefishing

Newly Enlightened
Picked the vehicle last week and so far the output of the headlights isn't very impressive (non-projectors- H11), so i'm looking to upgrade the bulbs to something with a bit more output, in halogen of course- functionality over looks.

Not much available in my area (southern ontario) aside from Putco, Sylvania and PIAA... have read a lot of reviews saying to try the Osram NB or Philips x-treme vision (can't find them anywhere online in H11)... wondering if there's a different H11 halogen that will give me what i'm looking for in a reflector housing?

Naturally will be ordering online...

Thanks in advance...

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Welcome here to the board. Stay away from the junk from PIAA and Putco, and be advised Sylvania got whalloped for thirty million dollars in US court for the "upgrade" claims on their Silver Star headlight bulbs.

Likewise, do not get any kind of "HID kit" or an "LED conversion", all of those are unsafe/illegal garbage.

The best H11 bulb is this one from Philips. It will make a moderate improvement, not a transformative one. If you want to improve the high beams, get these bulbs (despite Amazon's advisory that they won't fit) and trim one of the base tabs on these new bulbs as shown here. They produce a great deal more light than the original high beam bulbs, but are the same wattage, so there's no risk of damage to the truck or its warranty.

If you need them better than that, you would need to go back to the dealer and have the service department install the factory optional LED headlamp assemblies. It would be expensive, but would give an excellent result.

jmimac351

Newly Enlightened
I just brought home a new F150 and the ONLY thing my wife and I don't like about the truck is the headlight illumination. I think Ford was trying to provide an irrational rationale for a $60k F150. Thanks for posting this info. I actually used the Philips Crystal Vision stuff on my 2012 Mustang and they worked well. Thanks for mentioning the combo at Amazon as well and posting the info for modifying them. I'll try the X-tremeVision stuff this time around...

:thumbsup: