Angryfox        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oveready Upgraded Surefire x300u Weapon Lights

Default Re: v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 & x300u Weapon Lights (3500L)

Quote Originally Posted by KakaruPilot View Post
    At home I use an old E2E mounted to my AR with the pressure switch, is there any way to use the light engines from this upgrade inside the E2E head even if the head has to be modified?
    We've already done what you're after:

But we won't be making any more. Give me some time to look into options.

In the mean time we also have http://www.oveready.com/prod_432.html
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    We've already done what you're after:

But we won't be making any more. Give me some time to look into options.

In the mean time we also have http://www.oveready.com/prod_432.html
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely missed the boat on those and didn't even know it.

Default v5 Upgrade Service for Surefire x300 & x300u Weapon Lights (3500L)

Quote Originally Posted by KakaruPilot View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely missed the boat on those and didn't even know it.
    Make sure you're subscribed here so you don't miss out on the next option.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 08-14-2016 at 06:41 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Make sure you're subscribed here so you don't miss out on the next option.
    Subscribed! Thanks again for the reply and sorry for taking things a bit off-topic.

Have you guys seen any performance differences outfitting the U with the V5 opposed to the non U? I would think you would have a little better heat dissipation with the bigger U, especially with those fins but I wonder if that correlates to any real world differences? I had the original v4 X300 when the normal ultra came out and it was nice having a smaller, lighter package that was more then double the output of the ultra. Now that both the regular and ultra can be configured with the V5, i still feel the same way. I would rather have the smaller, lighter package of the regular X300 but smaller dosn't always perform better with brighter...

/random thoughts

any chance these will be restocked?

Quote Originally Posted by toddxtyboy View Post
    +1 or custom jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by toddxtyboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Offgridled View Post
    +1 or custom jobs?
    Tom (who does these by hand) is a bit swamped making BOSS heads this year but I'm working with him to review and reschedule. We may reduce steps and wait by switching to a pre upgraded model, so less individual work that can slow things down.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesantor View Post
    Have you guys seen any performance differences outfitting the U with the V5 opposed to the non U? I would think you would have a little better heat dissipation with the bigger U, especially with those fins but I wonder if that correlates to any real world differences? I had the original v4 X300 when the normal ultra came out and it was nice having a smaller, lighter package that was more then double the output of the ultra. Now that both the regular and ultra can be configured with the V5, i still feel the same way. I would rather have the smaller, lighter package of the regular X300 but smaller dosn't always perform better with brighter...

/random thoughts
    v5 will monitor temperatures and adjust only when needed, but Ive not had an opportunity to A/B test them. In theory the larger size and fins does make the U better with sustained output. That said, the on/off/on nature of these lights may make that less relevant.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Ok great thank you for the update. Keep up the great work.

Default Re: Oveready Upgraded Surefire x300u Weapon Lights

Introduced in Insider 60, our Triple x300u started as an upgrade service. But that slowed things down, so we are bringing it back as ready to ship, pre-upgraded lights:

https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...fire-x300u-v5/

With new programming options, a limited no-battery-door option, and even a y300 version for the first person to ask
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12