sky rc mc3000 screen blank

chewy78

Enlightened
first it was shipped with a europe plug. i ordered one with a us plug. ok so i used my us plug printer and powered it up. it was working fine untill i started to charge my tenergy c nimh cells and the screen lights up but no digits.

Last edited:

daan_deurloo

Newly Enlightened
Yeh i think so. I connected a single 18650 battery to my iMax B6, and guess what: Only the light went on.

Try another power supply if that's possible. Simple way is to use a 12v battery and test it.

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deleted (no longer applies since OP edited post #1 to say they used the SkyRC PSU, not the Maha PSU)

Last edited:

chewy78

Enlightened
maybe your maha power source incompatible :poof:
nope . i used the sky rc one. they sent the wrong plug end .i needed a usa one not a Europe one. so used one from my printer. the maha one was too short.

Last edited:

chewy78

Enlightened
@chewy78 What is the rating on the maha power supply you used? e.g. 12V/4A. It should say on the label. This is useful to know, since it might help others to avoid similar damage (if it was in fact caused by an incompatible PSU).
i used my sky rc power supply goof nuts

MarioJP

Enlightened
Awww man. I wish this thread didn't exist. Are you guys saying this charger could be defective? There's goes my hopes of wanting to get this charger.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Awww man. I wish this thread didn't exist. Are you guys saying this charger could be defective? There's goes my hopes of wanting to get this charger.

Any product you buy may be defective, all manufactures ships a small about of defective product.
The problem is, of course, large when you buy international.

chewy78

Enlightened
it kinda sucks that i had to take it for the team twice. First for the opus bt-c3400 and now this one lol

Last edited:

MarioJP

Enlightened
I was about to submit my order until i cam across this thread. This is a very promising charger, soo many options. It's probably even better than the Opus BT series. But Opus is much cheaper though. Man why this thread gotta jinks it lol.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I was about to submit my order until i cam across this thread. This is a very promising charger, soo many options. It's probably even better than the Opus BT series. But Opus is much cheaper though. Man why this thread gotta jinks it lol.

Just because there is a few faulty chargers is no reason to turn it down.
Instead look at how the different dealers handles it, you want a dealer that will replace a defective charger.

And it is much better than the Opus.

So what's going on with the Opus?. What did i miss?

The Opus got a few software upgrades when new, but sold chargers could not be upgraded. You can track the story in my reviews of it.

MarioJP

Enlightened
The Opus got a few software upgrades when new, but sold chargers could not be upgraded. You can track the story in my reviews of it.

That was one of the seller points for me for this charger. Upgradeable firmware and power bank mode. That's awesome! lol.

HKJ

Flashaholic
That was one of the seller points for me for this charger. Upgradeable firmware and power bank mode. That's awesome! lol.

This charger is not a power bank, only a usb charger.
For this type of big and heavy charger I do not see any reason for a power bank function.

MarioJP

Enlightened
thought it was stated somewhere, even a youtube video of someone demonstrating power bank mode.

MarioJP

Enlightened

I see what you mean. In any case. Not letting this thread get to me. Defects are part of life not letting that stop me. I did however read the return policy on GB since this would be my first purchase from them. Oh and, when i download the GB app from the Playstore. The reviews that people give it is really not making things any easier. Too many negative reviews on their shopping experience with GB. Surely people are overreacting??. Or should i wait until Dec blows over??. I mainly stay with sites like Amazon and Ebay. But some chargers are not available and GB has it. This year is coming to a close meaning its time to venture further out for the New Years lol... like International?. lol. I'll wait for a reply back before i go ahead and proceed. Assure me that GB is a reputable site?? Happy Holidays here in CPF

Update: very well then. Order has been submitted. And that's the end of that..for now lol.

Last edited: