HDS Systems        
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Default TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 01-01-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Default Re: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Excited

Following
    Please see my video product descriptions and DIY content, here.

Flashaholic*

Excited just does not say it!

Flashaholic

Just ordered one! Sweet!

Flashaholic*

Likewise.

EDIT: Will you be able to maintain stock on a regular basis? Will you also have amber signaling LED version?
    Last edited by monanza; 12-19-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Flashaholic

Will 219B be available?

Man they are going fast now. 5 left.

Flashaholic*

+1 on 219B edition.

Flashaholic*

Will the optics be interchangeable?

I'm guessing not since you are offering a flood and a throw model but it would really add to the versatility if it could be done by the user.
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

We having everything in place to scale quickly
    219 and/or amber options are in production
    Optics are fixed and not replaceable
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

I'm stumped. What is a "redome" LED?
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Flashaholic*

That is awesome (that you can scale quickly). I need a few more but did not want to glut on them now. I'll wait for the 219 and embers (not a typo, the ambers do glow like embers). The V5 is a really great platform for OR products. Thanks.
    Last edited by monanza; 12-19-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Flashaholic*

There are plenty of frosted in stock but the throws are going quick.

A big thank you for the response to my PM regarding my password issue. Just to clarify, default single and two cell programming is DLMH? (Moon, Low, Medium, Foot-on-the-floor?)

Quote Originally Posted by mckeand13 View Post
    What is a "redome" LED?
    There are four kinds of XPL

domed (like a normal led)
    dedomed (custom removed but very orange)
    factory redomed (short dome, aka HI)
    redomed (custom removed and custom replaced with short dome) <- ours

We do #4

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Just to clarify, default single and two cell programming is DLMH? (Moon, Low, Medium, Foot-on-the-floor?)
    Default is RLMH (red, low, medium, FOF)
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

I hope my various dropins don't break out into a fight. The Oveready will trounce everyone else.

Flashaholic

Damn missed out. Next time I guess. The floody option does not appeal to me as the triples are already floody as it is. I guess I'll have to wait until the next batch.

dang yeah that was fast. how many were there of the standard?

We have 30 standard/clear ready to ship. Some are attached to whole lights. I've moved the rest to the main page.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

Aha! Would love a C2 with 219. Will wait and see.

I ordered v5 drop in, I actually was able to order one. I am pretty excited. I had been hoping for a moddoolar head, but those were out of stock. I cannot wait to try out a v5.
    Promethean #46

Flashaholic

So these can be run in plastic hosts and can run off cr123a's. Do we have the first Oveready triple drop in that will work in a G2?

Quote Originally Posted by FPSRelic View Post
    So these can be run in plastic hosts and can run off cr123a's. Do we have the first Oveready triple drop in that will work in a G2?
    With a few caveats these will run just fine a G2:

• the bezel/body gap is fairly wide
    • the board will handle the heat requirements just fine
    • 2x123 is supported when 2x123 mode is selected
    • 17670 can't handle the amps needed for high output
    • 5 amp capable 16340 are not quite ready
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Flashaholic*

When's the ETA for 219? If not too far off, can I order a custom host and request hold for 219 triple?

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    I ordered v5 drop in, I actually was able to order one. I am pretty excited. I had been hoping for a moddoolar head, but those were out of stock. I cannot wait to try out a v5.
    You will love it!

what kind of output can we expect on the 219 version with 1 cell?
    Last edited by seasam; 12-20-2015 at 05:20 AM.

Too close to Christmas for a second OR purchase. Hopefully I'll be able to get in on the next run.

My drop in hasn't even shipped yet, but I am thinking through all the programing possibilities.

Would it be possible to make a program safe for use on an LX2 body and take advantage of the 2 stage switch. I don't want to burn up the resistors.
    Promethean #46

Quote Originally Posted by monanza View Post
    When's the ETA for 219? If not too far off, can I order a custom host and request hold for 219 triple?
    Purchase restrictions are off but first come first serve still applies. That said, some 219 will be assigned to C2s and whole lights tend to sell more slowly, improving your chances. We have two sets of 219 in the pipeline, boards that already exist and will be finish drops soon (1-2 weeks) and a set thats not yet installed onto boards that will be products in 1-2 months. Both will be posted when ready.

Quote Originally Posted by seasam View Post
    what kind of output can we expect on the 219 version with 1 cell?
    219 2 cell is 1600L @ 21w. 1 cell is limited to 17w, generating approximately 1300L.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    Would it be possible to make a program safe for use on an LX2 body and take advantage of the 2 stage switch. I don't want to burn up the resistors.
    This has not been tested and the engineers are swamped just now. Most likely the engine will read the resistor as a damaged battery and react accordingly. So not advised.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

It surprises me that the E-series copper thread is 34 pages, the Wasp thread is 39 pages, and the discussion page for the light engine is seven pages. I thought making this available in a P60 dropin format like previous Oveready flamethrowers would generate a lot more buzz! Transplantable from host to host, from bored "3P" sized lights right on up to 2x18650 C-head C-tail offerings depending on your needs. Nevermind the hosts available from Oveready! I truly dig the versatility, not being limited to one size light. Really looking forward to getting mine.

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast