Imalent        
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Default Re: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Thank you, Badger

Also, weird smudges on the lens can make the light bounce into red for no apparent reason. Wiping the lens will correct that.

I received my first ever Oveready order yesterday, complete with a V5 Triple. I have to say, the machining, fit and finish on everything I purchased is absolutely stunning. The Dropin is fantastic, it has turned my C2 into the brightest flashlight that I own and one with a very pleasing tint as well.

Iíve already programmed it with my single cell and two cell modes, which was extremely easy. I just need to order some IMR cells to run it on level 33 as Iíve never had a light that required anything other than protected cells to achieve maximum output before. I have to say, Torchlab and Oveready have really hit a home run with this module!

And now I want a BOSS!
    I now own too many lights to list in my signature! My current EDC favourites are a Nitecore SRT3 and Olight S1R.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt7337 View Post
    And now I want a BOSS!
    This is the point of no return, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt7337 View Post
    I received my first ever Oveready order yesterday, complete with a V5 Triple. I have to say, the machining, fit and finish on everything I purchased is absolutely stunning. The Dropin is fantastic, it has turned my C2 into the brightest flashlight that I own and one with a very pleasing tint as well.

Iíve already programmed it with my single cell and two cell modes, which was extremely easy. I just need to order some IMR cells to run it on level 33 as Iíve never had a light that required anything other than protected cells to achieve maximum output before. I have to say, Torchlab and Oveready have really hit a home run with this module!

And now I want a BOSS!
    Welcome to the ďpit of miseryĒ 🙃 It starts with the v5 dropin, then a Triad tail cap, then a BOSS, then a Z70 host and it never ends! Next youíll be in line for a WASP like the rest of us!

Congrats! Be sure to read over the Oveready related posts to gain the knowledge and experience of users. 🏻🏻🏻 Nothing like running the small v5 platforms with two IMR18350s. 🤯

Default TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Speaking of 2 18350 batteries. Has anyone had a chance to compare 2 of the new high capacity Aspire cells vs the old standby AW reds? Iíd love to see a graph comparison from any of you that have the ability to do this for us.

EDIT: this is in reference to use in the v5 lights only

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    This is the point of no return, LOL.
    Haha I know! I really regretted that I didn't get a Moddoolar pocket or WASP when they were available, and would probably buy one now if either came up for sale in the WTS section. But I think Iíll invest in the BOSS as a new medium sized EDC. My Christmas bonus is just around the corner, so my track car is getting a new big brake upgrade and Iím investing in another brilliant lighting instrument. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by U2v5 View Post
    Welcome to the ďpit of miseryĒ  It starts with the v5 dropin, then a Triad tail cap, then a BOSS, then a Z70 host and it never ends! Next you'll be in line for a WASP like the rest of us!
    I think I'm already in line for a WASP! This may have been my first but itís definitely not my last OR orderÖ Even though the shipping and import charges make it extremely expensive, Iím not afraid to spend a lot of money on something that I know is hand made to such a high standard, performs like nothing else and will last several lifetimes. What I would really love is a Triad tail cap with tritium slots in natural HA to match my C2. That will probably be in my next order as well!

Quote Originally Posted by U2v5 View Post
    Congrats! Be sure to read over the Oveready related posts to gain the knowledge and experience of users.  Nothing like running the small v5 platforms with two IMR18350s. 勞
    There is something Special about a 6P or C2 with a powerful drop-in and some other useful and aesthetically pleasing modifications! If I wasnít before, Iím definitely a lego addict now!
    I now own too many lights to list in my signature! My current EDC favourites are a Nitecore SRT3 and Olight S1R.

Default TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

When using 2x freshly charged ICR 18350 cells, the module only reports 4.2V, not 8.4 as expected. Maybe this is normal, but I thought it should read the forward voltage of both cells connected in series. Is this operating as expected?
    Last edited by Matt7337; 12-08-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Yes, this is normal. It only gives the average voltage between the two cells. If you were operating the light on one cell then it would read the voltage of that one cell.

Couple of points:

v5 will divide to give you per cell voltage

CC/CV chargers often leave 4.1. 4.2 may mean that charger is overcharging your cells

Smaller ICR struggle with higher amperage and may dim. IMR/INR are recommended.
    Control the Darkô

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Thanks both! IMRs are in the post.

Hi Matt check your inbox my brother,
    thanks man!.
    Zebralight SC600 MkIV, SC52w.

Announcement

Our overall goal for 2017 was building and migrating to a new website. Our overall goal for 2018 is improving availability on many popular products. First up is most v5 options, so the team is working like crazy to boost production...

Our next v5 releases are this week, here are the details:

WHEN
    Wednesday, January 24 - early afternoon pacific time (after lunch)

WHAT
    BOSS Raw Titanium XPL HI 4000k + amber (all models)
    BOSS Raw Titanium XPL HI 4000k + red (limited)
    BOSS Raw Titanium 219c 4000k + amber (all models)
    BOSS Raw Titanium 219c 4000k + red (all models)

BOSS Satin Black XPL HI 4000k + amber (Q2 heads)
    BOSS Satin Black 219c 4000k + red (Q2 heads)

Triple P60 dropin XPL HI 4000k + amber
    Triple P60 dropin XPL HI 4000k + red
    Triple P60 dropin 219c 4000k + red

HOW
    All stock will be released in a single large batch
    We'll work to ship all orders together this week

UPDATES
    Our CPF forum will be updated with the latest info including shipping
    Our FB group controlthedark.com will be updated with the latest info including shipping
    Control the Darkô

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

I am eagerly waiting for two oveready v5 dropins, one with nichia 219C and the other with xpl-hi.

for me it will be the realization of a dream ...

since I entered the world of the lanterns I wanted an oveready dropin.

within a maximum of two weeks the dropins will be with me.

I think of putting them on oveready p70 host with cryos head.

possibly one of the flashlights will use extender and this way I believe I will have a pretty good runtime to have fun ...

Regarding the batteries, I'll use the 3500mah keeppower 18650. these batteries support a constant consumption of up to 10 amps.

Friends, any tips or alerts for me?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213