SunwayLED        
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Default Re: TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

now time to look for host. just curious is solarforce ok? saw the price on evilbay are affordable. the L2C with CF wrapped body looks great. now i have doubt between Surefire 6P and L2C. if i take 6P need to bore it first. im regret selling SF C size flashlight before
    i'm lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paskal View Post
    now time to look for host. just curious is solarforce ok? saw the price on evilbay are affordable. the L2C with CF wrapped body looks great. now i have doubt between Surefire 6P and L2C. if i take 6P need to bore it first. im regret selling SF C size flashlight before
    Hello paskal,
    I feel that there are a few good reasons to go with a Surefire (or Oveready) host, but one rather important one is to do with heat. The Solarforce hosts have a larger 'well' for 'sprung' dropins, but these true SF P60-format dropins are a much better fit to Surefire-type hosts. Because of that good fit, heat conduction is improved - and heat issues are the primary limitation for maximum output dropins such as these.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 12-28-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: clarification

Also, you bought a 2 hundred dollar drop in. Don't skimp on the host with a 15-20 dollar setup. Solarforce makes a nice host, but for a regular everyday type drop in. I am with Kestrel on this, go with a Surefire or Oveready host. You get what you pay for. You will be much happier with a better host.

A Oveready bored C2 would go well with this.

I have a 6p coming in that I'm going to bore out and install a zerores switch. The xpl will go in that one. I also ordered an acrylic host for the 219. Hopefully they'll release some more torchlab p60 hosts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Hello paskal,
    I feel that there are a few good reasons to go with a Surefire (or Oveready) host, but one rather important one is to do with heat. The Solarforce hosts have a larger 'well' for 'sprung' dropins, but these true SF P60-format dropins are a much better fit to Surefire-type hosts. Because of that good fit, heat conduction is improved - and heat issues are the primary limitation for maximum output dropins such as these.
    Thanks Kestrel,

I take your advice. With few local friends they help me to get SF 6P. Yeah. read past post i found they said the drop-in will fit better than solarforce or other maker. i'm ordering zerores too that compatible with Z41 and if solarforce tailcap maybe will not fit
    i'm lurker

Just order 219B with bored C2!

And Waiting........

Question: My V5 is set up for RLMH. If I go red-off-red-off-red-off, I go back on again it goes into a flashy mode. What is this? It blinks 4 times with the white emitters and then one with the red and repeats. It's kind of annoying when I want red to come on and it starts flashing...
    I used to be afraid of the dark. Now, the dark is afraid of me.

Sounds like programming mode. Others correct me if I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by S1LVA View Post
    Question: My V5 is set up for RLMH. If I go red-off-red-off-red-off, I go back on again it goes into a flashy mode. What is this? It blinks 4 times with the white emitters and then one with the red and repeats. It's kind of annoying when I want red to come on and it starts flashing...
    Sorry for the confusion. Thats a new feature we are rolling out, real time battery meter. White is whole volts, red is tenth of a volt. So 4 white + 1 red = 4.1v per cell.

Its a PIN of 1-1-1 vs the 2-2-2 PIN for programming mode. If you enter it without meaning to, just power cycle again to reach mode 1
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 12-28-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

That's awesome^^^

Does voltage work for 1st run V5 lights?

The real time battery meter is a great idea. Unfortunately, it appears to be too easy to activate if S1LVA is accessing it accidentally. Is the PIN fixed, or is it possible to have this feature changed to a 3-3-3, or something more complex?

Default TorchLAB V5 Triple LED drop ins - Programming, 3500L, Secondary LED

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Does voltage work for 1st run V5 lights?
    Rather than waiting for some particular announcement next year, we started adding it when it was ready, last month. Which was after many 2015 releases. No Wasp have it, no Es have it. Some drop ins have it (mostly XPL).

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    The real time battery meter is a great idea. Unfortunately, it appears to be too easy to activate if S1LVA is accessing it accidentally. Is the PIN fixed, or is it possible to have this feature changed to a 3-3-3, or something more complex?
    The pin is fixed. In practice its much easier to 'hit' when practicing with the light than during real world uses. But we can develop options if its an issue for anyone.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 12-29-2015 at 03:58 AM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Since my current V5 Wasp doesn't have it, it won't be a big deal if my future V5 upgrade board has it. I can identify the boards via their different bezels when using the Wasp for CCW purposes.

I use the more simple feature regularly on my ZebraLights fairly regularly, and it isn't even especially precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    I don't see it being an issue. I just couldn't stop playing around with it because I just got it yesterday haha. If I'm actually using the light to find something or navigate around, there's no reason for me to keep turning it off/on. The voltage indicator is pretty damn cool!!!!
    I used to be afraid of the dark. Now, the dark is afraid of me.

That is a sweet feature. I'm very bad about unnecessarily topping off my batteries so I can live without this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by S1LVA View Post
    I don't see it being an issue. I just couldn't stop playing around with it because I just got it yesterday haha. If I'm actually using the light to find something or navigate around, there's no reason for me to keep turning it off/on. The voltage indicator is pretty damn cool!!!!
    Determining voltage without taking batteries out? FANTASTIC FANTASTIC

Once a person learns how the sequence works to program (three pairs with pauses in between each pair), accidentally going to battery check won't happen. If your field use involves uniform, repeated presses, or perhaps morse code transmitting... It could go into battery indicator mode, sounds like. I still love the idea of a battery check; really enhances practical utility.

I'm having he most difficult time programming my wasp head. I successfully did it the first try as soon as I received it, programmed it with a normal lmhr program but I put a hybrid memory in it as well. I can't for he life of me get it back into program mode. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by boafish View Post
    I'm having he most difficult time programming my wasp head. I successfully did it the first try as soon as I received it, programmed it with a normal lmhr program but I put a hybrid memory in it as well. I can't for he life of me get it back into program mode. Help?
    I had the same problem, just make sure you pause between presses and don't go too fast. I can get it first time every time now.

I have a 6p coming in that I'm going to bore out and install a zerores switch. The xpl will go in that one. I also ordered an acrylic host for the 219. Hopefully they'll release some more torchlab p60 hosts soon.
    We don't have the resources to do everything at once, so we tend to do things in 'sets'. TL hosts are part of the Moddoolar set and probably won't be ready until more Wasps are ready, some time into next year.

V5 doesn't change how it 'listens' as the LEDs change but its easy to get caught up in watching what the LEDs are doing. Get a feel for the rhythm with this video and 'power through' whatever the LEDs do:

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 12-29-2015 at 10:24 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Weird enough, I switched to my triad tail cap with zerores switch and it went into programming mode the first try. Thanks Dan

Battery check feature: Can it be used as a low beacon? An interesting red/white slow/low beacon?

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Battery check feature: Can it be used as a low beacon? An interesting red/white slow/low beacon?
    Yes and no. The voltage meter loops continuously so it will run just fine for a variety of uses/applications. However, indicator modes disregard battery protection, so days of use is not recommended with IMR.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 12-30-2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Love the V5 219 drop This is such a great upgrade over the Wasp 4.1 219 I once owned. Basically the same max output on one cell as I used to get with two cells. Now that the 3500 Panasonic and LG cells are here too, this is awesome. Thanks Oveready.

Quote Originally Posted by seasam View Post
    Love the V5 219 drop This is such a great upgrade over the Wasp 4.1 219 I once owned. Basically the same max output on one cell as I used to get with two cells. Now that the 3500 Panasonic and LG cells are here too, this is awesome. Thanks Oveready.
    It is bright! Love it.

Can't wait for mine to come in to see

Flashaholic*

Both the XP-L and 219 are wonderfully bright on single cell. Charging up some 18350's to try double cells next.

Quote Originally Posted by monanza View Post
    Both the XP-L and 219 are wonderfully bright on single cell. Charging up some 18350's to try double cells next.
    :envy:

I had a chance to test my 219 drop in running a single 18650. A few informal observations, not surprising, but observable (light meter used):

McClicky (switch) vs ZRS (solid brass):
    -->McClicky does not seem up to the task of a single 18650 running 14w/17w modes and light will throttle down sooner than if ZRS used.

Batteries used: Sony VTC5 (2600mAh), VTC4 (2100mAh), Samsung 30Q (3000mAh), LG INR18650MJ1 (3500mAh), LG ICR18650D1 (3000mAh)
    -->Any of the high drain batteries seem to make a noticeable difference in keeping the light brighter longer. I didn't record any measurements but did notice that for equivalent voltages, the high discharge batteries provided more output (less voltage sag?). For example, the LG INR18650MJ1 would probably not be my pick for running this light at 17w for as long as possible - the VTC5 seemed to fare a little better even though you might think the LG MJ1 3500mAh battery should have more capacity than the Sony VTC5 2600mAh.

Conclusion:
    After observing the performance of 14w/17w on a single 18650 with the 219b, I've decided to:
    -->Run 14w max on a single 18650 (with any of the above listed batteries except for the LG D1)
    -->Use a ZRS as this will provide me with the brightest light for the longest amount of time.

17w doesnt provide enough of a noticeable increase in light, and if I remember correctly drops off anyway when the battery gets down to about ~3.9V resting.

As far as battery selection, any of the high discharge batteries seemed fine, but with a more conservative output I think the LG MJ1 would be the obvious choice. I have no data to back this up

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast