ArmyTek        
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Test/Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000

Default Re: Test/Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000

Quote Originally Posted by kreisl View Post
    Is a new android app version out today?

I can't check, i am too busy with bugs looking.

Yes, but I haven´t tried it out yet.

Edit: Tried to make a new programing two times, crashed both.
    Last edited by Zanders; 01-16-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Why we cannot change D and C reduce in storage mode?

When the charger reach the voltage, ex3.70v, it drops from 1A to 0 and stops the cycle. The voltage increase to 3.85v after.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

in firmware 1.03 this was fixed.

in firmware 1.03 this was fixed.
    Do we have access to 1.03? I know it has been remove some days ago.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Do we have access to 1.03? I know it has been remove some days ago.
    file was deleted from server

I been thinking of purchasing this charger in part because if it's PC connection and software capabilities.

After installing the software application (MC3000 Monitor), I could not find any way to resize the program's display. The bottom part of application window is cut-off from the user. The window can be moved but not resized. Window re-sizing is normally a basic requirement for most GUI applications.

Currently going for $89.95 with free shipping.

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_260893.html?vip=94615

Last edited by usrnam; 01-18-2016 at 10:02 AM.

You can try DEX for logging. Instead of PCLS.

This review is also why I bit the bullet and bought one.
    Waiting for it to arrive now, go go go shipping.

It's a shame that the current software requires a massive window you can't resize - given that it's had issues updating firmware with Windows 7+, I hope they are working on an improved version with better resizing and better updating capabilities.

Does somebody know the settings that the Opus 3100 use for the charge test C>D>C named refresh on the mc3000?

I try to figure out why the Opus gives a higher capacity than cell rated instead of the mc3000 that gives more logical measures.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=389732

Flashaholic

I try to figure out why the Opus gives a higher capacity than cell rated instead of the mc3000 that gives more logical measures.
    Because the Opus has a crappy circuit and doesn't use real DC, but pulsed current, which makes accurate measurements very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by light-wolff View Post
    Because the Opus has a crappy circuit and doesn't use real DC, but pulsed current, which makes accurate measurements very difficult.
    I like this kind of answer. Thank you light-wolff.

Quote Originally Posted by light-wolff View Post
    Well, in my experience with discharge capacity measurements, I once made a comparative test to measure the discharge capacity of my brand-new Panasonic NCR18650PF cell by using two chargers. One the Opus BT-C3100 v2.1 versus my iCharger 106B+, both on the same cut-off voltage of 3V.

The discharge capacities on the same cell between the two chargers had a difference of only 8 mAh.

...and to make the comparison fair, on both charging session the specific cell used in the tests was charged by my Xtar VP2.

This week I might be receiving my MC3000 and if time permits will be doing the same tests.
    Last edited by tatasal; 01-18-2016 at 03:17 AM.

You can try DEX for logging. Instead of PCLS.

I wasn't able to recall DEX. You mean the DataExplore. I remember trying to use this program with a balance charger.

http://www.nongnu.org/dataexplorer/

There is another data logging program that's more difficult to setup and install. I'm uncertain of MC3000 compatibility.

Logview

http://www.logview.info/forum/index....es/download.4/

Last edited by usrnam; 01-18-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usrnam View Post
    What is DEX and PCLS? I can't recall their meaning as I've seen many terms using the same abreviations.
    Shame on the squirrel
    Both are silly yet practical abbreviations, the manual is full of such, introduced by me.

PCLS = PC Link Software = the official pc link software made by Sky for mc3k. i think the original name is mc3000 monitor. logs with 1Hz and data can be trusted.
    DEX = DataExplorer = the third-party open project freeware pc link software which includes growing support for mc3k. logs with 1Hz.

My focus of testing and finding bugs has been 98% on the device firmware so far

Shame on the squirrel
    Both are silly yet practical abbreviations, the manual is full of such, introduced by me.

PCLS = PC Link Software = the official pc link software made by Sky for mc3k. i think the original name is mc3000 monitor. logs with 1Hz and data can be trusted.
    DEX = DataExplorer = the third-party open project freeware pc link software which includes growing support for mc3k. logs with 1Hz.

My focus of testing and finding bugs has been 98% on the device firmware so far
    I finally found and related the abbreviated meanings. I sometimes don't rely on abbreviations. After many years of using various same abbreviations with different meanings. I sometimes have difficulty remembering them and sorting them out.

I already ordered a BT-C3100 so I'm going to use the Opus for a while to determine charging functionalities and behaviors. The programming features of the MC3000 has advanages of modifying other charging parameters while providing a better battery analysis. My solar charger has similar functions that allows a user to view, modify and download charging paramenters from a connected PC. Which I find beneficial while trying to maintain batteries.

If the BT-C3100's fan becomes a problem I'm considering a different type of 25x25 mm replacement fan.

Do you know of any specifications such as fan type, voltage and amps for the Opus MT-C3100 and SkyRC MT3000? Fan type and construction makes a difference in how well a fan performs as well as dB noise factors.
    Last edited by usrnam; 01-18-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Default Test/Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000

Quote Originally Posted by usrnam View Post
    I finally found and related the abbreviated meanings. I sometimes don't rely on abbreviations. After many years of using various same abbreviations with different meanings. I sometimes have difficulty remembering them and sorting them out.

I already ordered a BT-C3100 so I'm going to use the Opus for a while to determine charging functionalities and behaviors. The programming features of the MC3000 has advanages of modifying other charging parameters while providing a better battery analysis. My solar charger has similar functions that allows a user to view, modify and download charging paramenters from a connected PC. Which I find beneficial while trying to maintain batteries.

If the BT-C3100's fan becomes a problem I'm considering a different type of 25x25 mm replacement fan.

Do you know of any specifications such as fan type, voltage and amps for the Opus MT-C3100 and SkyRC MT3000? Fan type and construction makes a difference in how well a fan performs as well as dB noise factors.
    When I bought the Opus, I bought a spare replacement fan. I have no problem with the fan.

If you want to compare the Opus in a charge tes C>D>C with the Mc3000, you could go to this thread:

Start at #255

When I bought the Opus, I bought a spare replacement fan. I have no problem with the fan.

If you want to compare the Opus in a charge tes C>D>C with the Mc3000, you could go to this thread:

Start at #255
    I just received my Opus and in the process of charging and testing a couple dozen 18650's and some aged AA Energizers (NiMH).

Results have varied. Voltage is only one factor in determining cell charging finalization. A final voltage is know as a voltage threshold based on a percentage of current drop. Though I do take votage readings while a battery is charging. Soc (state of charge) evaluation is best accomplished after a cell has been removed from a charger and had time to settle.

My 18650 cells finalize at different voltages depending on a cell's condition. I'm not certain why a Lithium cell is ending up at 4.22 volts above 4.20. Having a lower finalized voltage is actually better for a lithium cells life expectancy. Not to charge Lithium's to their full capacity will increase service life.

So far only some cells have finalized at 4.20 and settled after removing from the charger at 4.19. While others have finalized at lower voltages. DMM measurements have match the charger's finalized voltages from "Full".

While charging, cell voltages taken from a DMM are normally higher or lower than a cell's actual voltage as the charger using PWM, pulsing low and then high then low again to maintain a CC/CV charge.

What's important for a fuller capacity is the amount of ion saturation that occurs. Cells charged with higher saturation will maintain higher cell voltages longer. There's a delicate balance during finalization as Li-ons unable to accept overcharging, finalization of charging needs to be done quickly as possible.

This may be one area where PWM CC/CV charging differs. Pulse width modulation is a frequency normally in Khz, which has an effect on a battery chemistry and ions. To simply state pulse PWM CC/CV charging is inferior to non-pulse CC/CV and other methodologies is sort of redundant with little or no scientific reasoning.

I have an older analog oscilloscope I could connect to perform further tests. However most tests with published results have already been done in regards to the Opus charger. I normally do DMM voltage measurements just after a cell has been removed from a charger and then again after a cell has had time to settle.

I'm still considering ordering a SkyRC MC3000 as soon as stock for US plug is available.

Currently US Plug is "Out of Stock"

EU Plug - "In Stock": http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_260893.html?vip=94615

I found two "Free Shipping" options.

One 10 - 25 day flat rate shipping that included tracking for free.

The second Free Shipping option was listed as a "5 - 7 business days Priority Direct Mail - America Direct Express." I wasn't able to find a website for "America Direct Express". When ordering from Gearbest you need to make certain you have at least some sort of tracking. Especially if a package is going to be transferred to USPS. Past orders China Post tracking stopped once reaching the US. Adding tracking to an order included USPS tracking.

Perhaps because of Customs, some packages may become delayed for a week or more after reaching the US.

More expensive items I would recommend adding insurance to an order.
    _____

I found items using carrier "Swedish Surface Mail" (tracking number prefixes of SGLBZ and Q.)

Can be tracked from Beishisheng Logistics website:

http://www.sky56.cn/english/track/index
    Last edited by usrnam; 01-22-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Will this do everything the la crosse bc1000 can do? Just bought the bc1000 and noticed it gets to hot and pauses. Then I discovered this forum. Debating on returning the bc1000 and buying this is it will do everything the la crosse can.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc847 View Post
    Will this do everything the la crosse bc1000 can do? Just bought the bc1000 and noticed it gets to hot and pauses. Then I discovered this forum. Debating on returning the bc1000 and buying this is it will do everything the la crosse can.
    Yes.
    And then some.
    It's the most advanced charger on the market at the moment I believe. Consumer charger anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    Yes.
    And then some.
    It's the most advanced charger on the market at the moment I believe. Consumer charger anyway.
    Where is the best place to buy from? I don't even see it on amazon

Where is the best place to buy from? I don't even see it on amazon
    There are only two places. HK Equipment and GearBest.

GearBest is $5 cheaper and everyone complains about them. I'd go with HKE, that's who I bought mine from and it was hassle free.

Is the fan loud? Know it's a different model but still this is loud.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iibYkJ_Kyxs

Are you kidding! This charger solved my biggest pet peeve that the la crosse and even the IQ-328 has (i think they are the same hardware minus the slot buttons per bay) I think it is a glitch or a bug. When discharging 4 cells at once at low currents. The voltage slightly dips on a regular intervals. Gets worst when cells are at 1.00v. This slight voltage dip causes the discharge cycle to end prematurely, skewing the results. The workaround to this glitch is to discharge 2 cells at a time lol. Anyways, once you have this charger. That is it, no questions lol. I already used 2 out of 30 programmable slots already lol. Dummy mode is if you just want to set and forget and that you don't care for the advanced stuff.

Hardware wise. Nicely bulit quality. Love how the cells are spaced out. (Thats another issue that la crosse and IQ-328 lack of spacing between bays)

What sealed the deal for me is the app and user defined parameters and can run from 12v supply. But the user defined parameters or programmable slots. That's definetly pushing the bar for a bay charger. Best purchase i ever made. 👍
    Last edited by MarioJP; 01-22-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioJP View Post
    Are you kidding! This charger solved my biggest pet peeve that the la crosse and even the IQ-328 has (i think they are the same hardware minus the slot buttons per bay) I think it is a glitch or a bug. When discharging 4 cells at once at low currents. The voltage slightly dips on a regular intervals. Gets worst when cells are at 1.00v. This slight voltage dip causes the discharge cycle to end prematurely, skewing the results. The workaround to this glitch is to discharge 2 cells at a time lol. Anyways, once you have this charger. That is it, no questions lol. I already used 2 out of 30 programmable slots already lol. Dummy mode is if you just want to set and forget and that you don't care for the advanced stuff.

Hardware wise. Nicely bulit quality. Love how the cells are spaced out. (Thats another issue that la crosse and IQ-328 lack of spacing between bays)

The what sealed the deal for me is the app and user defined parameters and can run from 12v supply. But the user defined parameters or programmable slots. That's definetly pushing the bar for a bay charger. Best purchase i ever made.
    What about noise? See previous post of a video of another model by Skyrc. It is loud.

What about noise? See previous post of a video of another model by Skyrc. It is loud.
    So far the fan has not kicked in yet. But i was able to turn it on in the setup menu to see how it sounds and that it is working properly. It sounds like a laptop cooling pads used to place your laptop on. No high pitch churning lol.

But is is as load as this? When the fan is running? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iibYkJ_Kyxs

But is is as load as this? When the fan is running? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iibYkJ_Kyxs
    Not close. The mc3000 is a bigger charger. The heat dissipates more efficiently, and don't forget, it also charges li-ions as well. So far i am looking into the advanced mode.

Flashaholic

Welcome to the forum. The La Crosse BC1000 is a low cost economy charger with many compromises and limited capability. The SkyRC MC3000 is an ultra high performance charger/analyzer with massive capability and extreme accuracy. Comparing the two chargers is similar to comparing an economy sports car with the finest Porsche or Ferrari. Please read the excellent review of the MC3000 by HKJ. This will give you a much greater understanding of the MC3000.
    Last edited by billcushman; 01-22-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billcushman View Post
    Welcome to the forum. The La Crosse BC1000 is a low cost economy charger with many compromises and limited capability. The SkyRC MC3000 is an ultra high performance charger/analyzer with massive capability and extreme accuracy. Comparing the two chargers is similar to comparing an economy sports car with the finest Porsche or Ferrari. Please read the excellent review of the MC3000 by HKJ. This will give you a much greater understanding of the MC3000.
    So if you just got the la crosse in, would you return it and order the skyrc 3000? Or is there another you'd get?

One thing that is throwing me off is if the skyrc is a lot better, why can't you find it on amazon like most everything else?

So if you just got the la crosse in, would you return it and order the skyrc 3000? Or is there another you'd get?

One thing that is throwing me off is if the skyrc is a lot better, why can't you find it on amazon like most everything else?
    It might be time to take your ongoing personal concerns about buying a charger to a new thread? This is getting off topic of the MC3000 review.

However to answer your questions:

1) You still haven't mentioned what your criteria for a charger are. The BC1000 will still charge and discharge your batteries just fine. But as detailed in the review to which you keep replying, the MC3000 is extremely flexible and tweakable. Are you ever going to want to tweak things to that level is what YOU must ask YOURSELF. We can't help you with that. I would suggest before even posting again you read HKJ's reviews of both chargers. And some other chargers too. He is considered "the authoritity" when it comes to reviews. Then you can decide what things are important to you in a charger and then you can make your own mind about what charger you want to own. Asking us to decide for you isn't the way to go.

2) This charger was only released ~2 months ago. They have only just received FCC certification. Maybe that's why it's not on Amazon yet. Why this is a deciding factor for you I can't fathom. Again, HKJ's review makes it clear this an excellent charger. It doesn't get any less excellent because you can't buy it from Amazon.

The charger you want to own is a decision you have to make. There is more than enough information on CPF to make this decision, you just have to invest the time to do some reading then come to the decision yourself.

Or at least start a new thread to stop cluttering this one.

[Mods: I am happy for my post to be deleted too if you're cleaning up this thread, ta]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast