Software & Hardware Problems...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been having a few software problems recently.....18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products, and the only solution was to run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications e.g. Lads Night out 3.1, Football 3pm, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of Girlfriend proved no better. A shareware program, Party Girl 2.1, which I tried, had lots of bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run Girlfriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware. I then upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded to Wife 1.0.

While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSex Plus and Cleanhouse 2003. Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 can be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and WhingeExcel. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Wife 1.0 also spawns unwelcome child processes that drain my resources. These conflict with some of the new games I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation.

Also when wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT hard drive, it frequently crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with a rather annoying pop-up called Mother-in-Law, which cannot be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2003, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2003, it tends to delete all Money files before uninstalling itself.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just be careful you dont contract the nasty trojan SecretLoveChild 3.0, its a real resource hog, and can cause Wife 1.0 to crash. Keep your AV softwware updated!

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my wife 1.01 program opened up my emai to a bunch of spam about male enhancemet, and now according to wife 1.01 program I have a hardware deficiency problem. Wife 1.01 pops a GPF error that says if I don't get it fixed I could experience a BSOD.

Damn Computers

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bravo25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry I'm sure an expansion pack is about to be released /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
ROTF.

How do you access the screen for CleanHouse 2003? I have been unable to find this feature in my version of Wife 1.0
It does, however, have an interesting feature named Weekend Scheduler which seems to dedicate all free processor time between Friday evenings and Monday mornings.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
x-ray -

I literally burst into laughter outloud.

Well, I don't want to get into a whole thing about which OS is the best. I've had successes and failures with each. Neither seems to be naturally stable without attentive, maintenance. I'm not running with LadsNightOut 3.1 much anymore but I do find it helpful to occasionally link to it.

Right now I'm quite happy with Girlfriend 26.0. This came with Bugnosis 4.0 and CookieCrusher 5.5. Supporting applications are an imperative. A good firewall is a necessity. I run MoodAlarm 4.5, MadAware 6.5 and CryBot 7.0.

The best thing I know of to make operations smooth is to re-name the systems. Girlfriend 26.0 has been re-named Girlfriend 1.0. When I'm automatically upgraded to Wife 2.0, a batch file is event scheduled to rename this to Wife 1.0.

Whether your OS/SO is Windy or Lexa it's important to tend well to them. Let's face it guys, as men; we are hardware. Without software we are just powerful machines seeking Basic intructions.

- Jeff