Any Xikar lighter users?

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I was looking for the best torch lighter and I discovered Xikar. While it is marketed towards smokers i imagine that they would make a usefull firestarter.
Is it possible to use these torch lighters to work on parachord?
I am thinking about saving money for a single jet allume.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
Well I got a single jet orange crush allume, first impressions are good. It has nice fit and finish and it is shiny all over, The flame has started every time so far and it looks and sounds like a mini blow torch. Once light it can be pointed any direction without affecting the flame but it can't be activated while up side down. The only thing that rattles is the actual sliding lock and the cover of the jet. It seems to empty fast but after several minutes of use it is half full so it will not last nearly as long as a disposable lighter when adjusted up but as far as I know it could last significantly longer when adjusted down to a tiny flame. It is very small and has the advantage of being refillable, I don't know how many refills 300 mL of butane will do but I imagine it would last a very long time.
The flame is hot enough to melt common metals easily (except iron), and I imagine that it could be used for soldering wires.

I should state that I have no plans of inhaling the smoke of burning controlled substances, nor do I happen to have a patch of pipe-weed in my garden. This lighter is just going to be used to kill menacing spiders, light candles, and fuse parachord; with the add-on of being an emergency fire starting source, unless my emergency happens before, during, or after airline travel. :(

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I did a little runtime test, the result was 7 minutes 15 seconds on a refill. The lighter was adjusted to about 75% max because if I left it on full it would leak after releasing the switch.

Not bad for a little butane torch.