LSL-P in the washing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Well, just pulled my LSL-P out of the washing machine, still right in the pocket of my jeans where I left it.

The good news is, it lit up normally and is now very clean.

There isn't any bad news. Score another one for Arc.

Randy

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what a great way to clean the arc! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I would expect the LS series to do just fine in the washing machine. The dryer might be a problem. There have been reports of impacts decentering the emitter. The AA and AAA can take the whole wash & dry cycle without incident. Mine sure have!

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the washer/dryer drum is more likely to take damage than the ls.it may chip the finish and cause rust!

bryguy42

Newly Enlightened
Which cycle is better for cleaning the arc? regular/permanent press or knit/delicate???
Also do you think using "shout" would clean it any better?
Is bleach really necessary?
Do you recommend Tide or is any of the cheap generic soaps just as good?
thanks for your help... LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Best soap is at Radio Shack, hanging right next to that mythical RS silicon o-ring grease that no RS in this area ever stocks. I would never use generic _anything_ on my precious (discontinued) LSL-P. Perhaps Peter will issue a recommendation for what to use when you put your Arc in the washing machine. It would be fun to turn it on first if you had one of the glass door machines, pop a beer open and sit in front watching the light go by. Flashaholic's idea of entertainment, better than the stuff on TV.

luxlover

Banned
Very funny comment. And who wouldn't want the "whites to be whiter, and the brights to be brighter" when it comes to the light outputs of our ARCs? I have a question for Sprocketman. Did you use a gentle, cold, warm, or hot cycle when you washed your now "squeaky clean" ARC? Hey, maybe hot is the best setting. Since most of us buy ARC products because they are small, maybe a hot cycle would shrink them further...... Would somebody be a real sport, and repeat this experiment for all of posterity? I would do it for "yous guyses", but my LSH-P is on backorder....

By the way. Thank you for reminding me that I need to do a few loads of laundry, Rothrandir! I better check my pockets for any "stray flashlights" first!

Jeff

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
Regular cycle, warm. Detergent was All unscented liquid. Light is getting dirty again in my pocket, of course. Shrinkage would occur in the dryer, but I would not try that at home with my precious LSL-P! I have gotten so used to the ARC taking abuse and still working that washing it no longer even seems extreme.

Geode

Enlightened
Not even surprised your Arc was unharmed, but it is nice to confirm that you can submerse the lights with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.