Jetbeam Mini-1

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one of the Jetbeam Mini-1 this morning. Also got a CooYoo/Blackwater Kite aluminum light same time. The CooYoo is working great. However so far the Jetbeam is flickering like crazy. Haven't had the chance to get into it and clean contacts and look for any issues yet but a bit disappointed at the moment. All other Jetbeam lights I've owned have been great though.

I'm not sure Jetbeam bought CooYoo though as another thread here someone said Jetbeam just copied CooYoo's design. They have a bit of history (Jetbeam / Niteye) copying other peoples designs (Spy007).

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is so disappointing. Yeah, I also not sure about the bought.

A question: how the mini change modes? turn off-on or twist further like CooYoo?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically same as CooYoo as far as I can tell. I've determined the problem with the Mini is in the machining tolerance on the threads of the head. They cut away too much material it appears. Tested with alligator clips to make contact and it works steady that way but is unusable the way it is. Maybe this light was machined right after a new thread cutting tool was installed in a lathe or their cutting tool was off by a little.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
sharing some pics of Mini 1 Ti

Mini1Ti_01.jpg

Mini1Ti_02.jpg

Mini1Ti_03.jpg

Mini1Ti_04.jpg

Mini1Ti_05.jpg

Mini1Ti_06.jpg

Mini1Ti_07.jpg

Mini1Ti_08.jpg

from left, JetBeam Mini 1 Ti, Quantum DD, Cooyoo SS

Mini1Ti_09.jpg

Mini1Ti_10.jpg

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the titanium version from Andrew-Amanda, and mine does not work correctly. Your packaging looks correct where mine looks like it was returned as a defect and resold. My chain was jammed in the case not in the slot, and the battery was installed with the head really tight. It's too much hassle to return so I am not ever buying from them again.
sharing some pics of Mini 1 Ti

Mini1Ti_01.jpg

Mini1Ti_02.jpg

Mini1Ti_03.jpg

Mini1Ti_04.jpg

Mini1Ti_05.jpg

Mini1Ti_06.jpg

Mini1Ti_07.jpg

Mini1Ti_08.jpg

from left, JetBeam Mini 1 Ti, Quantum DD, Cooyoo SS

Mini1Ti_09.jpg

Mini1Ti_10.jpg

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was sent the Coo Yoo SS Quantum for Christmas, from Ven and it's now my new 'cool little light' replacing my Olight i3s and L3 L10 in that regard.

Can't speak to cell longevity, but damn it's a lot of light in a small package.

Chris

jondextan

Newly Enlightened
I actually have a brass model in my cart right now, but still on the fence if i should check out with it. Anybody else have the light and not having any problems?

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
I have the Stainless Versions.

The chain they provided is to big to easily pass through the back of the light. You literally have to force it through but I just use a another cord that I have.

Other than that and the goofy heart packaging I love it. Works perfect. Has a little weight to it.

I plan on buying some of the other materials.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Anyone know where I can get the Ti version of the mini-1? I have the SS version already and I showed it to a friend who wants the Ti version for keychain use. I don't see it on the jetbeam site or gearbest where I got my SS one. SS one is listed as 17g without battery I think, how much does the Ti version weigh?

Thanks.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Blackbeard

Enlightened
I have the Stainless Versions.

The chain they provided is to big to easily pass through the back of the light. You literally have to force it through but I just use a another cord that I have.

Other than that and the goofy heart packaging I love it. Works perfect. Has a little weight to it.

I plan on buying some of the other materials.

why not just put the split ring on it?

Just got one today, chain passes through easily, no snags, maybe yours wasn't drilled out properly

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Yeah this thing is pretty awesome, solid build, so damn tiny and bright, really like this light

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed it is a nice light. I bought mine in SS at full price last year, but it was still worth it.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Enlightened
battery seems to be bad already after 3.5 months and limited use. its charging too fast, maybe 1/2 hour and only to 4.0 volts then it loses voltage very fast, pretty dissapointed

Blackbeard

Enlightened
so does anyone know the life expectancy on these tiny 70mah lions? seems like it should be more then 14 weeks, but I'm not really sure

magellan

Honorary Aussie
so does anyone know the life expectancy on these tiny 70mah lions? seems like it should be more then 14 weeks, but I'm not really sure

I have a lot of 10180 lights and you should definitely get more than 14 weeks of life out of the batteries. I'd order a couple of new batteries from a reputable supplier and you should see a big difference in performance.