Tail light Blue Led

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know where you live, so I can't comment on whether it is legal.

However, the international standard calls for red lights on the rear of vehicles. If you want other traffic to know that you are riding a bike (and not a stationary device, or an emergency vehicle), it's a very good idea to make your taillight red.

In the United States, blue is reserved for emergency vehicles, and you can get in trouble for using blue lights (IIRC).

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Angerdan, I already have a red tail light, I mod a trustfire cheap 18650 based with a red cree led. I just want to add a extra light for be used along with or without the other one

Savvas

Enlightened
If you are looking to augment an existing rear red light with something complementary but different, I think you'd be best off using an amber LED. That at least is pretty close to the standard (and legal) red, and I understand can be more visible in some more difficult circumstances (fog etc). I still have a Vistalite modified by a CPF member (or maybe it was someone from BikeCurrent) which mixed red with amber LEDs very effectively. Blue (or any other colour further down the spectrum from red) would, I think, be a mistake as well as being illegal just about everywhere that traffic use is covered by national law. Amber mixed with ref generates a very noticeable fierce colour.

Savvas