Remote switch for bike light...

Mikeemikester

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys/gals,

If this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I am am looking for a cheap way to switch a handlebar mounted light (either the cheap type eBay jobbies or something like my eagletac D25LC2). And by switch I mean have the means to switch modes on the light by having a wired button next to my handlebar grip rather than have to reach across and manually hit the button on the back of the light.
I've looked online but can't seem to find anything, surely something exists. Alternatively is there anyone on the forum that could make me something?
Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Mike. :)

Mikeemikester

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Changchung, but I'm looking for something prewired as I'm incredibly useless at electronics. Those switches are what I'm after, just need them attached to a light already! But thanks for replying. :)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can take the advice from everyone here and put together a simple device. You don't need much electrical knowledge.

Buy a handlebar switch, and then look for a tactical tape switch for your light. Remove the tape switch leaving you with the tailcap + wire. Then attach this to the handlebar switch.

Edit: Make sure the handlebar switch is a latching rather than momentary switch. It should say in the listing.

Mikeemikester

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Zipplet- I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense. My brother is a broadcast engineer so I'm sure he could make it happen, he's got great soldering skills. I'll give it a go, watch this space...

Mikeemikester

Newly Enlightened
Quick update- I dug out an old C8 torch I carried in my van and found a pressure switch (for rifles etc) on eBay, but with a click switch on it too, so rather than just firing up when pressed it fires up and stays on until it's clicked again, and each click cycles through one of the five modes. It's very nearly perfect! Cheers for your help anyway guys.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds great. I'm pleased you could find a solution that works for you. Feel free to keep posting here if you have more questions or want to try another solution!