Alternatives to Mountain Electronics

CL97405

Newly Enlightened
N00b question here: Mountain Electronics looks awesome, but unfortunately nearly all their flashlights are out of stock and they've suspended their custom build service. I've been looking around in the buy/sell threads but so far haven't found similar vendors with flashlights in stock.

Can anyone recommend reputable alternatives that offer similar products and maintain them in stock?

light-modder

Enlightened
I believe convoy can be contacted through blf. Illumn has some budget P60 hosts under other brands. You can always check out fastech, dx, and kaidomain.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried contacting Richard and seeing what is going on?

Richard contributes to BLF pretty often. Based on what I've read, he runs his business with his significant other, and he pays A LOT of attention to quality in the products he sells and in the custom builds he offers. He recently passed the BAR, so I guess he's in a bit of a busy patch.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard contributes to BLF pretty often. Based on what I've read, he runs his business with his significant other, and he pays A LOT of attention to quality in the products he sells and in the custom builds he offers. He recently passed the BAR, so I guess he's in a bit of a busy patch.
Good for him! We need more lawyers that actually understand technology. Seriously.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have turned into a loyal customer of Mountain Electronics and I am in no rush to find a replacement! :thumbsup:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have turned into a loyal customer of Mountain Electronics and I am in no rush to find a replacement! :thumbsup:

Me too.

Also, the fact of the matter is there IS no replacement. Mountain Electronics is unique in the quality and breadth of services they offer to the flashlight enthusiast.

Keep checking back on his website. Mountain Electronics is a family operation. When they get a backlog of orders they'll mark custom builds out-of-stock while they catch up. Check back frequently to see when things will come back in stock.

If you need a more precise answer, try posting in RMM's sales thread on BLF. Richard will usually answer with an estimate of when the item or service you're looking for will be back in stock.

TexasLumens

Newly Enlightened
N00b question here: Mountain Electronics looks awesome, but unfortunately nearly all their flashlights are out of stock and they've suspended their custom build service. I've been looking around in the buy/sell threads but so far haven't found similar vendors with flashlights in stock.

Can anyone recommend reputable alternatives that offer similar products and maintain them in stock?

Richard lost his Grandfather a few days back. I am sure he is tending to family business and will be back to take care of us as soon as possible. You will struggle to find a better place to spend your money. Great Folks! Good prices and ship fast as a norm. :thumbsup: TL

CL97405

Newly Enlightened
Richard lost his Grandfather a few days back. I am sure he is tending to family business and will be back to take care of us as soon as possible. You will struggle to find a better place to spend your money. Great Folks! Good prices and ship fast as a norm. :thumbsup: TL

I'm very sorry to learn of Richard's loss. I'd also like to apologize to anyone I might have offended with my careless wording. There are any number of reasons a small business might run low on stock or need to curtail some services, ranging from family concerns to economic order quantities to backlogs. I didn't mean to imply that any of these constitute a shortcoming in any way, and simply hoped to identify alternatives in order to satisfy my flashlight jones in the short term.

Thanks to those who contributed some great suggestions!

Last edited:

Muzzleblast

Newly Enlightened
I am a noob to modern LED flashlights and have spent a lot of time on CPF and BLF trying to get up to speed. After reading all of the "glowing" reviews, I decided to inquire about one of his full blown Supfire M6 mods reported to offer 4000 lumens in the SRK soda can size. On order! I've found his communications very timely and helpful.

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too.

Also, the fact of the matter is there IS no replacement. Mountain Electronics is unique in the quality and breadth of services they offer to the flashlight enthusiast.

Keep checking back on his website. Mountain Electronics is a family operation. When they get a backlog of orders they'll mark custom builds out-of-stock while they catch up. Check back frequently to see when things will come back in stock.

If you need a more precise answer, try posting in RMM's sales thread on BLF. Richard will usually answer with an estimate of when the item or service you're looking for will be back in stock.
Even with a loss in the family Mountain Electronics has shipped my two recent orders, and it appears he was only away from business for just one day.

Richard did mention to me that the Chinese New Year Celebration beginning February 8, 2016 will effect shipping of products to more than just Mountain Electronics.

Fireclaw18 and myself both share a well deserved loyalty to a good example of how good a family based business can match if not exceed big business. :thumbsup:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very sorry to learn of Richard's loss. I'd also like to apologize to anyone I might have offended with my careless wording. There are any number of reasons a small business might run low on stock or need to curtail some services, ranging from family concerns to economic order quantities to backlogs. I didn't mean to imply that any of these constitute a shortcoming in any way, and simply hoped to identify alternatives in order to satisfy my flashlight jones in the short term.

Thanks to those who contributed some great suggestions!
CL97405

Your comment is well taken and you expressed it very well. :thumbsup: