RIP David Bowie

scout24

Flashaholic
:bow: :candle: His influence and inspiration of other artists will be felt for a long time. The multi-generational appeal of his music speaks volumes. I finally copied his performance of Little Drummer Boy (Peace on Earth) with Bing Crosby this Christmas, after just catching it on the radio every year. Good stuff. RIP...

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Amen. Its being reported that his last album, "Blackstar", was a carefully-orchestrated farewell to his fans. The song ,"Lazarus", released on Bowie's 69th birthday just two days ago, opens with the lyrics: "Look up here, I'm in Heaven!" Unbelieveable!

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amen. Its being reported that his last album, "Blackstar", was a carefully-orchestrated farewell to his fans. The song ,"Lazarus", released on Bowie's 69th birthday just two days ago, opens with the lyrics: "Look up here, I'm in Heaven!" Unbelieveable!
"Lazarus" is a Masterpiece of Art and he reached the end of his life at a level many will never come close to achieve. His life was what true Art is about.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I doubt that most new artists hardly realize their novel ideas were already explored decades ago by David Bowie. Sooner or later, everyone sounds like Bowie.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
David Bowie was still jammin' until he got sick. I found a video of his last tour and he absolutely killed it.

His duet with der Bingle (Dennis Miller word for Bing Crosby) was only surpassed via his duet with Freddie Mercury...under pressure.

Today it was Glenn Frey...same age. Ugh!

The mystery is how Iggy Pop, Keith Richards and Joe Walsh are still alive...
They shoulda expired in the 80's man...

RIP David Bowie and Glen Frey...guess Johnny Cash needed somebody to jam with in the big gig in the sky.

Last edited: