simple 18650 wiring schematics

creborn

Newly Enlightened
Dear madamssess, and sirsses. I ordered the famous ebay solarstorm lamp with a crappy LiON pack. As I'll use it, I itend to invest in a set of quality panasonic cells, that would be more reliable.

I have just a few noob questions, since I red so much articles, and couldn't find a confirmation for my plan.

Especially when it comes to PCB's. All of them are 1S, 2S..etc, so I concluded that only the serial connected cells need to be protected. Parallel ones only add to capacity, and undergo the protection no matter if it's one or more connected together
I'm intending to buy this:

2S Li-ion Lithium 18650 Battery Cell Input Ouput Protection Board PCB 7.4V 2A | eBay

If I'm correct, the B+/- solder to the battery pack, and the P+/- to the lamp. Just to get few things straight in the start. Do I need to solder extra wires and a jack to the B+/- pads on the PCB in order to connect the charger, or do I connect the charger on the P+/- part of the PCB (through the lamp jack, since that's the way the chinese pack is made - only one set of wires is sticking out). Plain reason says that direct connection of a charger to B+/- pads would bypass the PCB. BUT, what is the BM pad on the PCB? could it be "Balancing Managment" or some such something? how do I wire that pad? do I need to wire it at all?

I'm no dummy in electronics and soldering, so this is how I would set this gig up:

View attachment 1041784

And this is how I would solder the batteries together:

View attachment 1041785

I intend to buy a better charger eventually, but for the time beeing I'll use the one provided with the solarstorm battery pack, simillar to this:

EU Plug AC Power Charger Adapter Port Directly 18650 Flashlight Converters | eBay

I could even buy this:

Battery Case Holder Storage Box Rechargeable Battery 3.7V DIY For 2x 18650 | eBay

and do the wiring so I can remove and charge individual cells by something like this:

Nitecore I4 Intelli Smart Charger for 18350 16340 26650 18650 16340 AA AAA in UK | eBay

or any other cheaper version

Will this work, or will I burn down my building?

One last question. If the listing doesn't say, how do I know if the cell is protected or not?

like these ones:

NEW Panasonic Battety 2900mAh NCR18650PF Li-Ion rechargeable battery 2pcs/Lot | eBay

If I buy four of them, and solder them without PCB.. It should work as a charm (provided they have the integrated PCB)

sorry for the long post

here's a potato cat

View attachment 1041786

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm only an English Lit. and Communications major, so I can't help, but welcome to CPF!

I'm sure that somebody else will be along to help you out, shortly.

Chris