Surefire m300 mini scout questions?

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
Hello my fellow enthusiasts!

i have a couple m300's that I'd like to upgrade the head units on. I have one with a e1 head (5/200lumen) and one with a factory 200lumen head on my Noveske's. Is it worth it to try the e2c adapter with a stronger 3/4/5 mode drop and bezel? I don't know how these units are during recoil?

oh and I have a bunch of z68 clicky caps, wondering if there are any bodies (just bodies) that I can buy?

thanks ahead of time,
fred

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say "upgrade" the heads, what do you want them to accomplish? More throw? More flood? More modes? Longer runtime? If you can quantify that, we can better assist.

:welcome:

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
@tonkem thanks I do have a couple Malkoff's but it's 200lumen only. He just might have some new stuff it's been a couple years since I last talked to Gene.

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
When you say "upgrade" the heads, what do you want them to accomplish? More throw? More flood? More modes? Longer runtime? If you can quantify that, we can better assist.

:welcome:

thanks for the welcome. The flood with my single cell 123's are fine. I'm looking for a lil' more reach around 200-300yrds.
heres a pic of the ones I want to upgrade. After doing some research I really like E1-defender's 5lumen low and 300lumen high, but I really don't wanna buy 3 flashlights just for the head?

oh' and I have a few of these m68 click's I'm trying to find just a single or dual cr123's body only (since I have all tail caps) please Lmk.

Last edited:

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
????? Now this may turn out interesting?

I'm sorry, I know I'm a noob and I hope I did not offend anybody? It's just that I'm still learning on this whole light building game, and I just wanna make a good decision on buying without having to learn the hard way by buying twice.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within the last ~6 months, Gene has released heads utilizing optics for E-Series (and MDC) and MD2 bodies. The single cell E1T's specs list 9000 lux at 1 meter. Considering the XP-L HI emitter used in this head, and the previously stated lux, I don't expect it to outperform what you've already got. My 200 lumen LX2 delivers a bit under 9000 lux at 1 meter, and only 1.01 lux at 100 yards.

If you're able to get useful (over 2) lux at 200 yards from a single cell light, the spot is likely to be un-usefully small. It'll also likely be pulling more amps from a CR123 than is generally deemed wise.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Within the last ~6 months, Gene has released heads utilizing optics for E-Series (and MDC) and MD2 bodies. The single cell E1T's specs list 9000 lux at 1 meter. Considering the XP-L HI emitter used in this head, and the previously stated lux, I don't expect it to outperform what you've already got. My 200 lumen LX2 delivers a bit under 9000 lux at 1 meter, and only 1.01 lux at 100 yards.

If you're able to get useful (over 2) lux at 200 yards from a single cell light, the spot is likely to be un-usefully small. It'll also likely be pulling more amps from a CR123 than is generally deemed wise.

Grizz hit it on the head. From a light that small, you're simply not going to get the kind of distance you're asking. If I were you, I'd read this post by TEEJ and then start looking at a weapon light that will fulfill your required lux on target at 300 yards.

Unfortunately, you're just not going to get that distance with a single cell weaponlight based on the Scout platform. Sure, you could probably go to a 2 cell and get an E to M adapter and get a D36 module driven crazy high, but I think you're going to find you'll need to search out a rugged handheld thrower (that is weapon mountable) that has the lux you require at the distance of 300 yards.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I'm sorry, I know I'm a noob and I hope I did not offend anybody? It's just that I'm still learning on this whole light building game, and I just wanna make a good decision on buying without having to learn the hard way by buying twice.

No offense should be taken by anybody and I hope my comment didn't insinuate such. It was actually a comment more along the lines of curiosity where the topic might be headed. I.E. like someone adapting an M300 to a headlamp purpose. Stranger things have popped up here over the years and flashaholics are an inventive bunch for sure.

IDprints

Newly Enlightened
Have you checked out the new SureFire Scout M300 lights? I just picked one up and it is a substantial improvement. Maybe they sell just the heads for the new M300?