Best/reputable online dealer to buy eneloops in UK

bella-headlight

Newly Enlightened
As title I wish to buy some eneloops but wish to ensure that I get genuine cells & not fakes or any suggestions for other quality rechargeable aa & aaa cells available online in the UK ?

ColdZero

Newly Enlightened
an eBay seller called `batterysaveruk `is very good. i`ve purchased loads of batteries with zero issues.
4x AA eneloop pro £12.65 with free postage.

Last edited:

bella-headlight

Newly Enlightened
Any recommendations on any other good reasonably priced rechargeable aa & aaa sized cells or are genuine eneloops the only ones worth considering ?
I will be looking at buying about a dozen aa & a dozen aaa.
The aa"s will be used in a small portable radio (4) & a couple of 2 cell air fresheners.
The aaa"s will be used in some small 3 cell led torches which are not very power hungry.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Not "no" chance, but less chance certainly. The ones posted above are sold by " eoutlet-uk" and fulfilled by amazon. If you want them from amazon themselves click on the "17 new from" and choose the amazon provided ones. They are 2p dearer.

Last edited:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Check out NKON in Netherlands.
They have good prices on Eneloops and Fujitsu.
It's not in UK but not far away and shipping isn't that expensive in EU.
If you buy an Eagletac at the same time the shipping is free IIRC.

IKEA have cheap NiMh that perform well.
Performance wise I don't see any difference to Eneloops in practical use.
They hold their charge pretty good but not as long as Eneloops.
If you recharge every 6 month or so it doesn't matter.
Don't know what happens when the get over 5 years of age, maybe they start to age earlier than Eneloops.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought Eneloops, li-ion cells and some other things from NKON (non-EU site) a few times. Prices, shipping costs and service were good. It seems they no longer ship li-ions to Switzerland, but Eneloops are not a problem.

Jaegerbomb

Newly Enlightened
Check out NKON in Netherlands.
They have good prices on Eneloops and Fujitsu.
It's not in UK but not far away and shipping isn't that expensive in EU.
If you buy an Eagletac at the same time the shipping is free IIRC.

IKEA have cheap NiMh that perform well.
Performance wise I don't see any difference to Eneloops in practical use.
They hold their charge pretty good but not as long as Eneloops.
If you recharge every 6 month or so it doesn't matter.
Don't know what happens when the get over 5 years of age, maybe they start to age earlier than Eneloops.

I would second that recommendation... NKON . nl
They are a great source for all batteries, battery holders, chargers etc... I have ordered quite a few bits from them over the last couple of years.
Good quality and pretty fast delivery too, and I am based in Ireland.

Tybo22

Newly Enlightened
I found AmazonBasics High-Capacity 2500 mah aa batteries to be just as good as eneloop pro's ........ 4 pack is £ 9.99 and 8 pack is £ 16.99

danw17

Newly Enlightened
Any recommendations on any other good reasonably priced rechargeable aa & aaa sized cells or are genuine eneloops the only ones worth considering ?
I will be looking at buying about a dozen aa & a dozen aaa.

In addition to eneloops, I like the following Ni-MH batteries

- Fujitsu batteries (limited availability in some markets)
- Imedion
- AmazonBasics

The Ikea Ladda can't be beat for the price, though they might self-discharge at a higher rate than the above.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I can add BatteryLogic as a potential UK supplier for both Eneloops and Fujitsu LSD cells - Fujitsu make the Japanese Eneloops - at what seem to be good prices. I haven't bought batteries from them, but I have bought chargers and everything went smoothly.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought Eneloops from 7dayshop in the past, and they seem reliable.

Their own-brand LSD ('good-to-go') seem pretty decent, and on my (usually pessimistic) C9000, their 2150 AAs test at a little more than their declared capacity.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second 7dayshop, But is VAT charged when importing orders over £15 into the UK, as Royal Mail adds an additional £8 handling charge to the VAT if it is chargeable.

John.

I've bought Eneloops from 7dayshop in the past, and they seem reliable.

Their own-brand LSD ('good-to-go') seem pretty decent, and on my (usually pessimistic) C9000, their 2150 AAs test at a little more than their declared capacity.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LVCR (Low Value Consignment Relief) loophole was closed for Channel Island orders a few years ago.

Recent orders from there (£30, £17 and £11) all had a figure for 'tax' on the invoice, so if they are still sending from Guernsey, I guess VAT is sorted out by them pretty much the way it would be if ordering from an EU company.

One recent order for an £8 item didn't itemise tax, but that was for a single item with delivery included in the item price, and delivery wasn't itemised either on the invoice.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed an order this morning for £11.95, and the vat shows as 0.00 , I just don't want a £8 handling charge, I have been keeping orders under £15 for months as i dont know.

John.