• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New McGizmo Owner

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I was going to wait until this springs's bonus to buy directly from Don. However, Toby in Germany had this beauty up for sale, and being in the EU, it won't have to travel far:

attachment.php

Just got to wait patiently by the letterbox now :whistle:

ssypien

Newly Enlightened
Nice congrats! I have my first on its way as well, looking forward to it!

ssypien

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations to you too. I thought I'd better join the club since I've been here for 9 years. Kudos to you for ordering one even before the CandlePowerForums bug took hold; Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! I was lucky to score an older Mule [emoji16]

nbp

Flashaholic
Very nice! One of the best EDC lights out there! What emitter does it have?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Haiku is a timeless classic. It is not a stretch to say: Any serious light collector should own one. The original light sabre of lights. That SF clip is the icing on the cake. I laugh, the average Joe wouldn't spend $200 on a clip, much less a light! Ha!

Footnote: I put the Hanko Twisted Trident in this "Must Own" category too.

Last edited:

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
No disrespect to you gentlemen and to each is own, but I personally can't bring myself to desecrate my McGizmos with the Steelflame nonsense. Hopefully that trend passes soon as the very sight of their gaudyness makes me want to hurl.:barf:
I love those McGizmos though fellas! Congrats on your new lights and keep the pics coming!

Exeter354

Enlightened
Congrats! That's a great first McGizmo!! I got the exact same one for my first (minus the clip...still need to get one of those diamond etched beauties!). But it didn't stop there...a mule followed shortly thereafter, followed by a sundrop, then a Makai. Had a sapphire too for a while. Still have all of them except the sapphire. Hope your Haiku brings you years of service and joy!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm already quite heavily invested in 18650 Li-ion cells, so for a thrower, I could see an AquaRam being added to the collection (not a fan of the aesthetics of the TerraRam for some reason). A mule, or at least a head is a definite possibility, but, as good as the Sapphire is, a Sapphire will never displace the Lummi Raw Ti from my keyring.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the Aqua and Terra. I bought the Aqua first. Mostly due to it being slightly shorter, and less moving parts, yada yada yada, but I find my self using the Terra more. I like the Aqua when walking the dog. Twisties work well walking. But at the end of the day, I am a clickie guy.