Please help with several Eneloop questions......

Saiga

Enlightened
Yeah,yeah, I know, there's a giant stickied thread here at the top of the page, and I did read the last several pages, but I wasn't up for slogging through that entire thread in the hopes of finding out what I needed to know :D.
Ok, assuming anyone is still with me, here goes:

-How common are counterfeit Eneloops? Are they a serious concern, and where can a 4-pack of genuine AA's be found most economically ? (factoring in shipping) I've read that Costco is a reliable and economical source, but I don't have access to them.

-I've read about Enelops coming from Japan,China and (I believe) Indonesia. Which should I be looking for, or leery of? Or is it not in issue?

-How acceptably decent are the standard chargers that come with the 4-Eneloop kit, as found at Amazon,etc? I currently have one of these (maybe 3 years old) and just recently have been using them all, and hoped to get at least 4 more batteries, and maybe another charger, if I needed to. I'm not looking to invest in some expensive, ultra-badass rig, just something that will work for my fairly casual battery needs.
Any solid info on the subject would be much appreciated !

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah,yeah, I know, there's a giant stickied thread here at the top of the page, and I did read the last several pages, but I wasn't up for slogging through that entire thread in the hopes of finding out what I needed to know :D.
Ok, assuming anyone is still with me, here goes:

-How common are counterfeit Eneloops? Are they a serious concern, and where can a 4-pack of genuine AA's be found most economically ? (factoring in shipping) I've read that Costco is a reliable and economical source, but I don't have access to them.

They're counterfeited enough to want to seek out a reputable seller, either on Ebay, or Costco, or some other places. Amazon had a rash of fake Eneloops a year, or so, ago.

Look for the embossed date code on the seam. I have some dealers on Ebay that importing Eneloops and Fujitsu in case quantities and those are both made by FDK, a Fujitsu subsidiary.

-I've read about Enelops coming from Japan,China and (I believe) Indonesia. Which should I be looking for, or leery of? Or is it not in issue?

There are 'made in China' Eneloops meat for the Oceania and Asian markets, but they're marked as such and being in Georgia, you probably won't find them here. One CPFer has run extended simulated endurance tests here and has concluded that the Chinese sourced Eneloops aren't as robust as the Japanese made batteries, but he's a sample size of 1.

-How acceptably decent are the standard chargers that come with the 4-Eneloop kit, as found at Amazon,etc? I currently have one of these (maybe 3 years old) and just recently have been using them all, and hoped to get at least 4 more batteries, and maybe another charger, if I needed to. Ivest in some expensive, ultra-badass rig, just something that will work for my fairly casual battery needs.
Any solid info on the subject would be much appreciated !

The C-16 and C-17 are decent chargers, but they're either slow, or slower and don't give you any analyzing features like my Maha C9000, Opus BT-3400 and LaCrosse BC-700.

You can get a Maha C9000 for ~$50 shipped, if all you want to do is charge up NiMH Eneloops and that will do a great job keeping your batteries in tip top shape, as far as charging and maintenance goes.

Chris