NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 105

Thread: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

  1. #1
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Hello everyone. So I bit the bullet and went with an Armytek to add to my small collection. I know it has been hit or miss in here with these lights but I went ahead because I like the looks, style, finish and the purpose of this particular flashlight which is going long range. So...... Flashlight is working great and perfectly as far as fit and finish and going through all the modes easily and programming this bad boy. Now.... Light output and quality of the beam. You have to take this flashlight I believe for what it is and that is that its main purpose is being a thrower. Close up beam shots are not pretty as it is very ringy. The center hotspot is super bright then you have all the other layers of the light. As far as long range performance my goodness I have never had a light like this. My light collection is small(SF L2, PD 32 UE, S1, LD 11, ARC AAA cp). I have attached some picture so everyone can see. Now what I want to know is how do the other comparable throwers compare as far as beam quality. Hope you guys enjoy the little I have provided about this particular flashlight.





    Last edited by Aldiggi; 01-16-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  2. #2
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    The second beam shot on the wall is my S1.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  3. #3
    Flashaholic* CelticCross74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I have had this light for a couple months and love it. I also have the Dobermann HI and the Viking Pro inbound. The PP LE HI beam profile is pretty unique and boy does it throw. I use my Dobermann HI more though due to the more compact size. As for comparison to other mid sized throwers the MH27 throws just as far but kinda looks blurry due to the secondary RGB wells. To be totally honest though my good old TK32 with its huge reflector throws just as well and I cannot wait for the 2016 TK32 HI in March.

    I am most impressed with the Dobermann HI. It even out throws my ET T25C2 HI which is saying quite a bit. I dont have an S1 but would love one had I not just ordered the Viking Pro, Olight SR52UT and the soon to come ET S200C2 HI...enjoy the PP its an awesome light

  4. #4
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    I have had this light for a couple months and love it. I also have the Dobermann HI and the Viking Pro inbound. The PP LE HI beam profile is pretty unique and boy does it throw. I use my Dobermann HI more though due to the more compact size. As for comparison to other mid sized throwers the MH27 throws just as far but kinda looks blurry due to the secondary RGB wells. To be totally honest though my good old TK32 with its huge reflector throws just as well and I cannot wait for the 2016 TK32 HI in March.

    I am most impressed with the Dobermann HI. It even out throws my ET T25C2 HI which is saying quite a bit. I dont have an S1 but would love one had I not just ordered the Viking Pro, Olight SR52UT and the soon to come ET S200C2 HI...enjoy the PP its an awesome light
    I am honestly very impressed with this light. Dobermann Hi will be my next light for sure. The PP will definitely come in handy and I am very happy I picked one up. Let's see what 2016 brings with Armytek and the rest of the gang.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  5. #5
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Beyong the "small" lights I have, the Predator Pro v3 HI is my number1. I will receive the Dobermann Pro v3 HI wednesday. I'm pretty sure, the PP will keep the first place. For a bigger light, I really like my Barracuda Pro v2 HI.

    In a word, I like Armitek. Hope to not have problems with these lights.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  6. #6
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Beyong the "small" lights I have, the Predator Pro v3 HI is my number1. I will receive the Dobermann Pro v3 HI wednesday. I'm pretty sure, the PP will keep the first place. For a bigger light, I really like my Barracuda Pro v2 HI.

    In a word, I like Armitek. Hope to not have problems with these lights.
    Here come the Armytek fans!! Hey it's great to have options and in lighting, size management makes a huge difference for comfort and convenience. Hope you enjoy your DP as much as your other lights.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* CelticCross74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    outstanding pics Aldiggi! I dont have many areas around me to take good beam shots. One thing I have noticed about the Pros and HI AT's is that they dont work well on standard 3400mah cells. I have found that the new NCR18650GA 3500mah 10amp cells power these lights perfectly. I swear I read somewhere that the Pro's and HI AT's are 4 amp lights thus they need higher amp cells...

  8. #8
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    outstanding pics Aldiggi! I dont have many areas around me to take good beam shots. One thing I have noticed about the Pros and HI AT's is that they dont work well on standard 3400mah cells. I have found that the new NCR18650GA 3500mah 10amp cells power these lights perfectly. I swear I read somewhere that the Pro's and HI AT's are 4 amp lights thus they need higher amp cells...
    I did some home tests with the Barracuda with ncr18650b and LG MJ1(with 1 and 2 cells) i wanted to do it with the Evva (18650ga) but they doesn't fit. When I will have some times, I will do it with the Predator.

    Measured distance 6 feets with fan on light:

    2 cells. 1 cell. 2 cells
    Barracuda 18650B LG MJ1(1). LG MJ1(2)
    0.2 lumenx= 2.5lux. 2.5lux
    2 lumens= 46.6 lux. 45.5lux
    70 lumens= 1211 lux. 1221lux
    200 lumens= 6460 lux. 6520lux
    440 lumens= 14600lux. 14760lux
    1400lumens= 41300lux. 41300 41300lux

    After:
    5min : 40500lux. 39800 40700lux
    10 min. : 40500lux. 39500 40700lux
    15 min. : 40300lux. 39200 40700lux
    20min. : 40300lux(3.96). 38800(3.80) 40700lux(4.06)


    Ncr18650b 1 cell:
    0min 40060
    5min: 39200
    10min. 38800
    15min. 36300
    20min. 36100 (3.74)
    21min. 34100
    22min. 34100
    23min. 34100

    The full stabilisation of the Pro version is near perfect with the lux meter and at the eyes, perfect.

    I discharged 2 LG MJ1 at 2.65v and put in the light. I had 40500lux. Unbellivable. Near empty cell and gives the max output again. That's one of the reasons I like these lights.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  9. #9
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    outstanding pics Aldiggi! I dont have many areas around me to take good beam shots. One thing I have noticed about the Pros and HI AT's is that they dont work well on standard 3400mah cells. I have found that the new NCR18650GA 3500mah 10amp cells power these lights perfectly. I swear I read somewhere that the Pro's and HI AT's are 4 amp lights thus they need higher amp cells...
    Thanks man. I will pick up one of those batteries then.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  10. #10
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    I did some home tests with the Barracuda with ncr18650b and LG MJ1(with 1 and 2 cells) i wanted to do it with the Evva (18650ga) but they doesn't fit. When I will have some times, I will do it with the Predator.

    Measured distance 6 feets with fan on light:

    2 cells. 1 cell. 2 cells
    Barracuda 18650B LG MJ1(1). LG MJ1(2)
    0.2 lumenx= 2.5lux. 2.5lux
    2 lumens= 46.6 lux. 45.5lux
    70 lumens= 1211 lux. 1221lux
    200 lumens= 6460 lux. 6520lux
    440 lumens= 14600lux. 14760lux
    1400lumens= 41300lux. 41300 41300lux

    After:
    5min : 40500lux. 39800 40700lux
    10 min. : 40500lux. 39500 40700lux
    15 min. : 40300lux. 39200 40700lux
    20min. : 40300lux(3.96). 38800(3.80) 40700lux(4.06)


    Ncr18650b 1 cell:
    0min 40060
    5min: 39200
    10min. 38800
    15min. 36300
    20min. 36100 (3.74)
    21min. 34100
    22min. 34100
    23min. 34100

    The full stabilisation of the Pro version is near perfect with the lux meter and at the eyes, perfect.

    I discharged 2 LG MJ1 at 2.65v and put in the light. I had 40500lux. Unbellivable. Near empty cell and gives the max output again. That's one of the reasons I like these lights.
    Great testing my goodness wow. We should all appreciate your work!!!
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  11. #11
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    That is awesome circuitry if you ask me gyzmo2002. Wow very impressive!!
    Last edited by Aldiggi; 01-17-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  12. #12
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I did this one for the Predator Pro v3 HI 2-3 weeks ago with the ncr18650B. 6 feet distance again with fan.

    Predator
    0.2 lumens = 0.5lux
    2 lumens = 16.6lux
    70 lumens = 520 lux
    200 lumens = 2990lux
    440 lumens = 6910lux
    1250 lumens full 16230 lux

    I want to repeat it but with LG MJ1 (10A) with runtimes to check the full stabilisation when I will have time. For now, I am playing with the new MC3000.

    NB: I did some home test only to compare my lights between them and to figure output decrease with heat and battery drop, regulation etc. I don't know how companies calculate their specs and how the test is done but for now, it is not the purpose of my test.
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 01-17-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  13. #13
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Some more beam shots.


    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I like beamshots...🙂
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  15. #15
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I am using the Fenix ARB-L2S 3400mah. Working very well so far.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  16. #16
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    I did this one for the Predator Pro v3 HI 2-3 weeks ago with the ncr18650B. 6 feet distance again with fan.

    Predator
    0.2 lumens = 0.5lux
    2 lumens = 16.6lux
    70 lumens = 520 lux
    200 lumens = 2990lux
    440 lumens = 6910lux
    1250 lumens full 16230 lux

    I want to repeat it but with LG MJ1 (10A) with runtimes to check the full stabilisation when I will have time. For now, I am playing with the new MC3000.

    NB: I did some home test only to compare my lights between them and to figure output decrease with heat and battery drop, regulation etc. I don't know how companies calculate their specs and how the test is done but for now, it is not the purpose of my test.
    Where did you pick up those batteries?
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  17. #17
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    On Aliexpress. It is easier for me because I live in Montreal. Free shipping and no duties. These cells are not protected, the same as ncr18650ga.

    http://s.aliexpress.com/uIzA7fIj
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  18. #18
    Flashaholic* emarkd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    885

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I'm not the guy you were asking, obviously, but I buy my LG MJ1 cells (and most of my other batteries for that matter) from illumn.com. They've got a good price and a great reputation.

  19. #19
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    I'm not the guy you were asking, obviously, but I buy my LG MJ1 cells (and most of my other batteries for that matter) from illumn.com. They've got a good price and a great reputation.
    Thank you very much!!!
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  20. #20
    Flashaholic* CelticCross74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    3,802

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    illumn.com for 3500mah 10amp Keeppowers and Orbtronic.com for their 3500mah 10amp cells. Pricing is very good from both. They sell out of the 3500mah sells relatively quickly so jump on them when you can.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldiggi View Post
    Some more beam shots.


    Thanks for the beamshots. Did you use a somewhat long exposure time? The ambient lighting is very bright.
    When those who don't know much or any is setting the trend...sucks for us who are aware of more and want more.

  22. #22
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    Thanks for the beamshots. Did you use a somewhat long exposure time? The ambient lighting is very bright.
    I just used my cell phone for these shots.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  23. #23
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    So tempted to pick up the Doberman Pro. This company has really impressed me. I might just bite the bullet once again!!
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  24. #24
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Are these the batteries you guys are picking up?
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/331638539344?u...D0&_mwBanner=1
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  25. #25
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    illumn.com for 3500mah 10amp Keeppowers and Orbtronic.com for their 3500mah 10amp cells. Pricing is very good from both. They sell out of the 3500mah sells relatively quickly so jump on them when you can.
    Besides the center hotspot is the rest of your beam ringy? I have a part of my beam pattern that shows like 50 gold tint thin rings.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  26. #26
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  27. #27
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    That gold ring. Then after that gold ring you have thin wanted rings until it reaches the layer of light around the center hotspot. How in the world is that happening lol.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  28. #28
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    I don't have this gold ring.

    http://s19.postimg.org/ry2rkqx1f/image.jpg
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

  29. #29
    Flashaholic Aldiggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    I don't have this gold ring.

    http://s19.postimg.org/ry2rkqx1f/image.jpg
    Nice! How far are you from the wall. Let me try from 6ft
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

  30. #30
    Flashaholic* gyzmo2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    791

    Default Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

    6' from the ceiling.

    http://s19.postimg.org/c13zo14n7/image.jpg

    Same distance as above but with a centred "tuning"
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •