Fitorch        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

Quote Originally Posted by Aldiggi View Post
    I just love the constant High on these lights. I don't know how many times I pull out my light expecting it to be high and then I have to fiddle with it to get to high.
    Will be hard to measure because the temp sensor will decrease the output ( will flash 4 times) when the temp will be too high to protect your led. That's why I did my lux reading with a fan on the light.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Aldiggi, your Predator Limited Edition looks nice and focused unlike mine. Maybe armytek has fixed the focusings on their Limited Edition Predator v3s. Perhaps I should maybe also wait for Armytek to release v3.5 so I can contact them and tell them about the flickering issues and uncentered LED I have on mine. Perhaps they'll give me a 3.5 in exchange.

FYI: High Temperature Indication. At critical level the LED flashes 4 times once and the light output decreases by 35%. In case the temperature doesn’t fall the light output decreases to the Firefly mode. At normal temperature the brightness increases to usual level.

With ambient temperature +25°C the flashlight delivers light in Maximum mode for about 6-10 minutes before the temperature reaches
    critical level and brightness decreases. After cooling-down (provided that battery voltage is sufficient) the brightness increases to the
    Maximum mode again. This stepping goes cyclically to maintain the user's safety and the flashlight's functionality. In conditions of good air-cooling the flashlight delivers constant light even in Maximum mode. There are no preset timers for stepping, but real-time
    active temperature measurements.

Non-pro versions have only buck drivers; max output is kept constant as long as the cell voltage is above the minimum needed by the driver to power the emitter at max output, and the light temperature is not critical. The pro versions have boost/buck drivers that can maintain constant max output considerably longer. Nonetheless, below a certain cell voltage, even the boost driver will not be able to power the emitter at max output.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    Will be hard to measure because the temp sensor will decrease the output ( will flash 4 times) when the temp will be too high to protect your led. That's why I did my lux reading with a fan on the light.
    Can't wait for the dogfight ;0)
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

Aliens vs Predator

I pick up my lights from andrew-amanda. Love the friendly and knowledgeable customer service.
    Collection: Fenix P1d-ce, P3d-ce, L2d-ce, Surefire Cree'd 6P,SF L2, JetBeam MKIIX, Arc AAA-P, Streamlite Stinger

Default Armytek Predator Pro V3 XP-L Hi Quick Take

I pick up my lights from andrew-amanda. Love the friendly and knowledgeable customer service.
    That's where I took my Barracuda. A chance that it was in reduction one day. 19.00can for shipping, 35.00 can for the duties.... That's why I don't buy often from the USA.

I took my PP and DB from MacOutdoors in BC.

I bought my mc3000 from Asia, 125 can, free shipping and no duties.

That's where I took my Barracuda. A chance that it was in reduction one day. 19.00can for shipping, 35.00 can for the duties.... That's why I don't buy often from the USA.

Wizard Pro is next for me. Can't wait to get my DP!!

Up next is a wizard Pro after I receive my DP.

Hello everyone. So I bit the bullet and went with an Armytek to add to my small collection. I know it has been hit or miss in here with these lights but I went ahead because I like the looks, style, finish and the purpose of this particular flashlight which is going long range. So...... Flashlight is working great and perfectly as far as fit and finish and going through all the modes easily and programming this bad boy. Now.... Light output and quality of the beam. You have to take this flashlight I believe for what it is and that is that its main purpose is being a thrower. Close up beam shots are not pretty as it is very ringy. The center hotspot is super bright then you have all the other layers of the light. As far as long range performance my goodness I have never had a light like this. My light collection is small(SF L2, PD 32 UE, S1, LD 11, ARC AAA cp). I have attached some picture so everyone can see. Now what I want to know is how do the other comparable throwers compare as far as beam quality. Hope you guys enjoy the little I have provided about this particular flashlight.

Thank you for the thread!
    Sandra has just sent you an email.

Hello everyone. So I bit the bullet and went with an Armytek to add to my small collection. I know it has been hit or miss in here with these lights but I went ahead because I like the looks, style, finish and the purpose of this particular flashlight which is going long range. So...... Flashlight is working great and perfectly as far as fit and finish and going through all the modes easily and programming this bad boy. Now.... Light output and quality of the beam. You have to take this flashlight I believe for what it is and that is that its main purpose is being a thrower. Close up beam shots are not pretty as it is very ringy. The center hotspot is super bright then you have all the other layers of the light. As far as long range performance my goodness I have never had a light like this. My light collection is small(SF L2, PD 32 UE, S1, LD 11, ARC AAA cp). I have attached some picture so everyone can see. Now what I want to know is how do the other comparable throwers compare as far as beam quality. Hope you guys enjoy the little I have provided about this particular flashlight.

Hey there! I agree, I definitely love my Armytek Predator V2.5. Had it since it came out (3 years ago,I think?).

Anyway, just read your quick review. Are the preds programmable again? From what I know, Armytek stopped making them programmable after the v2.5, correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to get myself another pred if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by HaileStorm View Post
    Hey there! I agree, I definitely love my Armytek Predator V2.5. Had it since it came out (3 years ago,I think?).

Anyway, just read your quick review. Are the preds programmable again? From what I know, Armytek stopped making them programmable after the v2.5, correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to get myself another pred if they are.
    It is not but you have the last mode used including strobe (minus high) if you open it unscrewed, with head screwed, always high. The only programmable option, if I can call this way, it is that you can remove the strobe/firefly1.

It is not but you have the last mode used including strobe (minus high) if you open it unscrewed, with head screwed, always high. The only programmable option, if I can call this way, it is that you can remove the strobe/firefly1.
    Thanks for answering gyzmo2002 :0)

Thanks for answering gyzmo2002 :0)
    Hope I did it well. I try to improve my english everyday. Answering is a good way to do it but sometimes, I search my words...

Hope I did it well. I try to improve my english everyday. Answering is a good way to do it but sometimes, I search my words...
    You did great!!!

Watch English news regulary and you will improve even more quickly.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

You did great!!!
    Thank you

I know these are 2 totally different lights but here is a beam shot of the PP and the PD35 Tac.

I know these are 2 totally different lights but here is a beam shot of the PP and the PD35 Tac.

Like the intense spot center of the first one....will throw farther....

This ringy beam pattern is killing me. I might just exchange or return the PP.

I don't have a ringy beam pattern on my PP.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE LED View Post
    I don't have a ringy beam pattern on my PP.
    I can live with it. I paid for it to give me throw and that it certainly does. Very happy with my lights. I was just overly concerned I guess.

I've been looking at Armytek lights but I'm a little bit unsure what the differences are between the Dobermann, Predator and Viking. Could someone enlighten me please.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore View Post
    I've been looking at Armytek lights but I'm a little bit unsure what the differences are between the Dobermann, Predator and Viking. Could someone enlighten me please.

Not much difference anymore on the Viking and the Predator. The Viking used to be floodier than the predator if I'm not mistaken. At least my 2.5 viking is floodier than my Predator LE, but the LE is supposed to be more of a thrower than the regular predators. The dobermann has a smaller head and less throw. All are one 18650 lights.

You didn't ask, but the Barracuda throw further than all of the above, has a very large head (64 versus the 41mm head of the predator/viking. It can run off the one or two cell tubes that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MX421 View Post
    Not much difference anymore on the Viking and the Predator. The Viking used to be floodier than the predator if I'm not mistaken. At least my 2.5 viking is floodier than my Predator LE, but the LE is supposed to be more of a thrower than the regular predators. The dobermann has a smaller head and less throw. All are one 18650 lights.

You didn't ask, but the Barracuda throw further than all of the above, has a very large head (64 versus the 41mm head of the predator/viking. It can run off the one or two cell tubes that come with it.
    Thanks. I'm pretty new to the world of flashlights. I currently have a Thrunite TN12 2016 and a Ti3. I am currently eyeing up something with a bit more throw to impress the friends I don't have and Armytek and Eagletac are the ones that currently have my interest. It will be interesting to try something with a different emitter from the TN12, so I'm interested in something with an XP-L HI.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore View Post
    Thanks. I'm pretty new to the world of flashlights. I currently have a Thrunite TN12 2016 and a Ti3. I am currently eyeing up something with a bit more throw to impress the friends I don't have and Armytek and Eagletac are the ones that currently have my interest. It will be interesting to try something with a different emitter from the TN12, so I'm interested in something with an XP-L HI.

LOL,

If you are just looking to impress and not practicality (at least for most people), then get a Barracuda, or Olight Javolet they are pure throwers. Eagletec (already on your list) also has a thrower, although i don't remember the model number. Hell, even a Convoy C8 would be more than most people have...

Quote Originally Posted by MX421 View Post
    LOL,

If you are just looking to impress and not practicality (at least for most people), then get a Barracuda, or Olight Javolet they are pure throwers. Eagletec (already on your list) also has a thrower, although i don't remember the model number. Hell, even a Convoy C8 would be more than most people have...
    I'm more interested in something like the Predator or Viking. I like the form factor and general look of that kind of light. If I get addicted I may end up looking at some of the ultra throwers in future, but right now I'm just looking for something a little bit bigger than the TN12 with more of an emphasis on throw. I was originally looking at the Thrunite TC10 but I want to experiment with other brands and I don't think the performance of the TC10 would be very much different to that of the TN12.
    Last edited by Napalmhardcore; 01-27-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Besides my little rant about the ring very happy with my lights. I love the style, look and performance of Armytek. A lot of the other lights look alike. The ATs are very distinguishable.

Tail cap performance is among the best I have ever tried. In low light tactical training you are trained to use quick burst of light when doing a room entry to view your surroundings and possible adversary. Here is just a little example of the PP

You should do it again but smashing doors. That way we could see the strength of the Predator.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast