The Fenix-Store        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HDS Systems Headlamps #1

Default Re: HDS Systems Headlamps #1

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbs1 View Post
    Absolutely, first light I ever purchased was a rotary. Love it! Exciting news! By the way first post!
    If a Rotary was the only light you ever bought, you'd have a hard time doing much better. Congrats!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

110% agree but also saved a TON of steps along the torch enlightenment path!
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

Giving this thread a bump. SHOT is coming up, so maybe we’ll see something new?
    My website: https://precogvision.wordpress.com (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

If only...
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

HDS Headlamp:Reality or Myth? 🧐

Used to be reality, just like me going to night club
    Want DC-fix? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium466 View Post
    Used to be reality, just like me going to night club
    Haha would love to hear an update on what’s happening. I kept looking on YouTube for another video with more info on it... sadly nothing else was posted

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Had lunch with Henry and among lots of other things, we talked a lot about the headlamp. He had the networking prototype and his original Rotary with him.

Great guy to talk to, incredibly intelligent and I still love that he's the one that gave us the Clicky and the Rotary UI.

The battery will be removable, but will be a single 18650 in the back of the headband.
    Yeah, exactly. Then when he started getting all the feedback, he did what he always does and went back to the drawing board to see how he could answer as many concerns as possible, and still makes the light he wanted to do in the first place.
    Kaichu Dento... do you know anymore info on the headlamp? Have any more lunches with Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by moltenmag View Post
    Kaichu Dento... do you know anymore info on the headlamp? Have any more lunches with Henry?
    Henry and Hogo are the only two who really know what's going on with the headlamp. It's been a year and a half since I saw the prototype and Henry wanted to make some notable changes to it, but was hopeful of having one ready to go before long. When I saw him earlier this year it had been pushed back and I don't remember talking about it very much.
    Hogo is going to be the one to talk to about how the headlamp project looks but it will be worth the wait when it finally does arrive and the good thing is that many things have started happening lately at H&H lights.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Well, they are not selling the diffused reflector anymore... that be 1/2 of the prototype headlamp.

Shameless plug. I am looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Henry and Hogo are the only two who really know what's going on with the headlamp. It's been a year and a half since I saw the prototype and Henry wanted to make some notable changes to it, but was hopeful of having one ready to go before long. When I saw him earlier this year it had been pushed back and I don't remember talking about it very much.
    Hogo is going to be the one to talk to about how the headlamp project looks but it will be worth the wait when it finally does arrive and the good thing is that many things have started happening lately at H&H lights.
    Got it. Hey kaichu since Hogo is back doing passarounds with the rotary... what would you think if Hogo did a pass around with the headlamp prototype? Just to get feedback or something... Personally, I think it would be a great idea to build interest and anticipation as the headlamp launch approaches... just like he did with the ti rotary

There may not even be a working prototype. The one at the shotshow was a nonfunctional display.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    There may not even be a working prototype. The one at the shotshow was a nonfunctional display.
    Still would be interesting to get to hold though. How many years out do you think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    Well, they are not selling the diffused reflector anymore... that be 1/2 of the prototype headlamp.

Shameless plug. I am looking for one.
    It's on my list.

Got it. Hey kaichu since Hogo is back doing passarounds with the rotary... what would you think if Hogo did a pass around with the headlamp prototype? Just to get feedback or something... Personally, I think it would be a great idea to build interest and anticipation as the headlamp launch approaches... just like he did with the ti rotary
    There is no prototype and Henry would most likely not agree to a pass around with one if there was. That fugly thing in his hand in the video has hopefully been crushed, buried in thermite, set aflame and the ashes scattered to the wind.

Still would be interesting to get to hold though. How many years out do you think it is?
    I had tried to make Henry hide that thing under the table. We had long discussions about THAT monstrosity of a headlamp. Simply awful.

We have every intention of getting back to HDS caving roots and getting a headlamp out. It is going to take some time. Before it can happen, a few other things need to get taken care of. I'm hoping late next year, but nothing moves fast at HDS...
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    It's on my list.
    Sounds good. I would definitely be on board for one

There is no prototype and Henry would most likely not agree to a pass around with one if there was. That fugly thing in his hand in the video has hopefully been crushed, buried in thermite, set aflame and the ashes scattered to the wind.
    Yeah I thought the design looked very brutal in the YouTube video I saw... but I was willing to give it a chance because well you know... it’s HDS

I had tried to make Henry hide that thing under the table. We had long discussions about THAT monstrosity of a headlamp. Simply awful.

We have every intention of getting back to HDS caving roots and getting a headlamp out. It is going to take some time. Before it can happen, a few other things need to get taken care of. I'm hoping late next year, but nothing moves fast at HDS...
    Lol every design has its stages... especially prototypes. Good to hear that your getting back to your roots. With the crazy news about those kids from Thailand and their soccer coach getting trapped in that cave for 10 days... (they were all rescued btw ), one could wonder what it would’ve been like if they had an HDS headlamp...

With the crazy news about those kids from Thailand and their soccer coach getting trapped in that cave for 10 days... (they were all rescued btw ), one could wonder what it would’ve been like if they had an HDS headlamp...
    They would have asked the rescuers to leave food, then let them continue playing with their lights in the proper darkness !
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

The prototype was rather an ungainly thing. Still, I'd be interested in a pure bred HDS headlamp. In the mean time, does anyone have an efficient means of using the HDS as a headlamp? Preferably one that does not involve clipping it the bill of a hat?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Exactly what you didn't want to hear but, insert in Thor's Hammer holster, turn on, clip to bill of hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    The prototype was rather an ungainly thing. Still, I'd be interested in a pure bred HDS headlamp. In the mean time, does anyone have an efficient means of using the HDS as a headlamp? Preferably one that does not involve clipping it the bill of a hat?
    I’ve heard of using a string or rubber band to attach it to the brim of a hat. Or putting a clip underneath the bezel and clip it to the brim of the hat... don’t tell Hogo that I suggested that...

The idea I had of modifying the current bezel design could incorporate a mont for attaching to a head band. Sort of.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345