Help Sourcing H9 Socket & Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsyMcStagger

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to source the individual, unassembled components (socket, terminals, TPA) for the stock H9 connector on my motorcycle. I've searched Tyco and Delphi on Mouser but it's clearly not referred to as an H9 component by the manufacturer.

I'm drawing a blank. Does anyone know how to determine the part numbers for a stock H9 headlight type socket?

TIA.

Tipsy

TJoxMb.jpg

fastgun

Enlightened
Try searching for PGJ19-5 and see if you find what you need.

add pigtail or base to your search and you will not get just bulbs.

Last edited:

TipsyMcStagger

Newly Enlightened
Try searching for PGJ19-5 and see if you find what you need.

add pigtail or base to your search and you will not get just bulbs.
Thanks. The problem is I'm not looking for a pigtail, and that's all I can seem to find (from China).

I'm trying to identify and source the socket and components.

Tipsy

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The photo is generic. It does not show the actual H9 socket, but if you order the HL87193, you will get a correct H9 socket.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic

TipsyMcStagger

Newly Enlightened
Not the same at all -- that Dorman item has (very) thin wire preinstalled. The HL87193 gets you a housing and terminals that you assemble with your own choice of wire.
Yes, I realize the Dorman is an assembled pigtail while the part being sold by Rally Lights is components. In stating that the two look the same, I was referring to the socket housings. The two look identical (regardless of whether the picture on the RL site is accurate), which is to say the two are somewhat different from the OE connector pictured in the first post.

What OEM do you have in mind?
The H9 connector on the bike is not manufactured by Suzuki. It's supplied to Suzuki. Whoever manufactures the part must have a part number for it.

Tipsy

TipsyMcStagger

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps they're available at the parts counter of a competent Suzuki dealer. Surely they'd need to be able to obtain them for vehicle repairs and for the DIYers.
One would think that would be the case but Suzuki doesn't maintain part numbers for individual connectors. It's only sold as part of the complete harness.

BMW has a part number for every connector and terminal.

Tipsy

fastgun

Enlightened
You could check a BMW K1200 LT to see if the high beam (H9) parts will work for you.
I believe the GT also uses H9 for high beam.

jaycee88

Newly Enlightened
The two look identical (regardless of whether the picture on the RL site is accurate), which is to say the two are somewhat different from the OE connector pictured in the first post.

Does it need to look 100% identical? As long as it's an H9 connector, it should just work with an H9 bulb. Although I think on your connector, it's a push-to-release latch whereas the Dorman/Rally Lights connectors have a pull-to-release.

FWIW, I did find these connectors which look identical to yours, but I have no idea how reputable the site is. Caveat emptor and all that.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2-x-h...-wired/232664441.html#sb1-0-1b;hot|2051992469

Qship1996

Enlightened
You are grossly overthinking this.......a H9 connector is a H9 connector,they ALL fit a H9 bulb.....the Rallylights item,being supplied with terminals and NO cheap thin wiring is probably going to be better than 99.9% of the cheap nasty other options out there that have wires already attached......order it,and move on to more important things.

TipsyMcStagger

Newly Enlightened
You are grossly overthinking this.......a H9 connector is a H9 connector,they ALL fit a H9 bulb.....the Rallylights item,being supplied with terminals and NO cheap thin wiring is probably going to be better than 99.9% of the cheap nasty other options out there that have wires already attached......order it,and move on to more important things.
I'm not overthinking anything. I'm simply interested in identifying the OE part number(s).

Thanks very much for your help.

Tipsy

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not overthinking anything. I'm simply interested in identifying the OE part number(s).

Then perhaps you should get that OE part number from the OEM.

If you have a project that requires a functional replacement for the OEM part, then take the advice given above. If you must know, for one reason or another, some bit of esoterica such as the specific part number that specific part has, the manufacturer would be your best source of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.