Amondotech HID battery pack replacement

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
Simple question. I have the old small hand held Amondotech HID light that uses the replaceable battery pack. I have two battery packs. Is there anyway to buy replacements or have them rebuilt? I don't know the first thing about messing with them, nor do I have the tools. What I do know is that I have a fantastic light that in some ways are better than my very nice LED lights and I can't use it because the battery packs are toast.

So, any suggestions on this?

BTW, if it helps, I believe the pack to be of NiMH Sub C cells.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple question. I have the old small hand held Amondotech HID light that uses the replaceable battery pack. I have two battery packs. Is there anyway to buy replacements or have them rebuilt? I don't know the first thing about messing with them, nor do I have the tools. What I do know is that I have a fantastic light that in some ways are better than my very nice LED lights and I can't use it because the battery packs are toast.

So, any suggestions on this?

BTW, if it helps, I believe the pack to be of NiMH Sub C cells.

You are correct, the pack is nimh sub C cells. BatteryJunction used to sell batteries that will work for your light but IIRC you will need to buy the newer power supply, too. BatteryJunction bought the line and changed the name from Ammondotech N30 to Titanium Innovations N30. They also produced the L35 which was an upgrade to the N30. There was also the Mega Illuminator, which I believe is discontinued along with the N30. It appears that BatteryJunction does not have any spare batteries in stock right now for the N30 or L35. Here is a link to the only L35 they have listed right now (EU plug) and you could send their CS an email and ask about a replacement battery. http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-l35.html

FWIW, I had both the N30 and L35 but ended up selling them after a while due to little use.