Magnetic Tailcap for Surefire 6P

cajunrebel

Newly Enlightened
I have a 6P that I am thinking of converting to LED using a Malkoff M61NL and possibly a clicky tailcap. My intended use is automotive/general maintenance. Having a magnetic ring around the button of the light so that I can stick it to something while I work is big plus for me. So my question is who, if anyone, makes a magnetic tailcap for a surefire 6P. The tailcap also needs to be flat so that I can stand it vertically as well.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have often thought about trying a hack like this several times. So I will share my idea since it is relevant to your post.
Some of my previous random thoughts:
http://www.magnet4less.com/product_info.php?cPath=13&products_id=213
super glue this to a tail cap. I am not saying this magnet is the right size. Just a link to give you my idea. It would stick to everything! Not sure the superglue would hold. Maybe grind it down so you have less magnetic material? The high temp from grinding could maybe also help weaken the magnet too?

Sorry for maybe going off in la la land. Welcome to the forum!

cajunrebel

Newly Enlightened
My Nebo Redline flashlight has this feature. It has a doughnut shaped magnet around the tailcap mounted switch. I really like the light, but it takes AAA batteries and the light is a bit too white for my intended use. I am looking for light in the 4000K spectrum. The mod I specified for the 6P is the correct color and a good intensity level for mechanic work. Just hoping that I can get a tailcap for my 6P that has the magnet.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen a tail cap. Wonder if any other members have? I am thinking about trying out this hack, in the next few weeks, on a SolarForce tail cap.
Cajun a?? You located in Louisiana?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen a tail cap. Wonder if any other members have? I am thinking about trying out this hack, in the next few weeks, on a SolarForce tail cap.

Before using super glue, stick the magnet on with some double backed tape. Super glue can be a pain to remove and might react with the rubber switch boot.

The magnet that I believe your looking for are ring magnets. Auction site has 25ODx20IDx5mm thick.

cajunrebel

Newly Enlightened
I am currently living in Florida, but moving back to Louisiana after an 8 year stent in the Air Force.

The magnet recessed into the tailcap of my other flashlight is not very large. Its just enough to keep the flashlight reasonably attached to the surface. I think that the dimensions you mentioned would be sufficient, as long as there is still a metal ring around the outer portion of the magnet to protect it from damage.