Can 18650 batteries handle being dropped

erict18650

Newly Enlightened
Can a 18650 battery handle being dropped from let's say 2 feet onto cement, wood floors...etc? If the wrap looks good and there are no dents could there be internal damage?

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Can 18650 batteries handle be dropped

Can a 18650 battery handle being dropped from let's say 2 feet onto cement, wood floors...etc? If the wrap looks good and there are no dents could there be internal damage?

They can survive that with no really bad dents, or punctures.

Measure the voltage, charge it up, run it down (perhaps outside) and see what you see?

Chris

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

It happened to me one time with a protected cell. I was able to read a 4.18v but my readings were fluctuating. My Opus didn't want to charge it. I have checked the PCB and the wire was loose, unsoldered. I removed the PCB and my cell is working as it is supposed to be but without protection.

erict18650

Newly Enlightened

It happened to me one time with a protected cell. I was able to read a 4.18v but my readings were fluctuating. My Opus didn't want to charge it. I have checked the PCB and the wire was loose, unsoldered. I removed the PCB and my cell is working as it is supposed to be but without protection.

Did you have any obvious external damage?