What should I buy in a mini screw-in bulb for a 3D?

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
The flashlight calls for a 1127; but no info searching for this EverReady bulb yet.

It runs on 3 D cells, so I'm guessing I need something in a 4.5 volt bulb, but I don't know about watts or amps.
I'm at bulb town but there are too many choices for a guy that doesn't know those things.

Can someone face me into the piñata, please?

Sp@rky

Newly Enlightened
The flashlight calls for a 1127; but no info searching for this EverReady bulb yet.

It runs on 3 D cells, so I'm guessing I need something in a 4.5 volt bulb, but I don't know about watts or amps.
I'm at bulb town but there are too many choices for a guy that doesn't know those things.

Can someone face me into the piñata, please?
Dorcy 41-1649 3D - 3.7V 0.3A Krypton Screw Base Replacement Bulb - 2-Pack

Would these fit? They are on Amazon.

Last edited:

edpdx

Newly Enlightened
"Dorcy 41-1649 3D - 3.7V 0.3A Krypton Screw Base Replacement Bulb - 2-Pack"

I'll see if the fit. What can I get away with amp/volt wise with 3D batteries? Can I go over 4.5Volts?

Sp@rky

Newly Enlightened
"Dorcy 41-1649 3D - 3.7V 0.3A Krypton Screw Base Replacement Bulb - 2-Pack"

I'll see if the fit. What can I get away with amp/volt wise with 3D batteries? Can I go over 4.5Volts?

There is a couple of threads on here about D alkaline's. You'll be limited to around 1 amp generally. Also those batteries are 1.5 volts each so you can't go over 4.5 volts with 3.
Unless you meant putting different batteries in the same space as 3 D cells

Other options for your light are the
GH53 - 4V, 0.5A rated at 2 watts and 33 lumens.
Or the GH140 - 4V, 1A rated at 48 lumens.

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a couple of threads on here about D alkaline's. You'll be limited to around 1 amp generally. Also those batteries are 1.5 volts each so you can't go over 4.5 volts with 3.
Unless you meant putting different batteries in the same space as 3 D cells

Other options for your light are the
GH53 - 4V, 0.5A rated at 2 watts and 33 lumens.
Or the GH140 - 4V, 1A rated at 48 lumens.

Any flashlight using 3 alkaline batteries are designed to work with 3.6 volt under load. 4.5 volt is without load.
Alkalines are good for up to 1 Amp and can retain voltage of about 1.2 volt per cell under load.
Since voltage of rechargeable NiMH or NiCad batteries are slightly less but still can retain 1.2 volt under load so any 3.6~4.0 volt will work fine.

http://www.reflectalite.com/halogenpage.html

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any flashlight using 3 alkaline batteries are designed to work with 3.6 volt under load. 4.5 volt is without load.
Alkalines are good for up to 1 Amp and can retain voltage of about 1.2 volt per cell under load.
Since voltage of rechargeable NiMH or NiCad batteries are slightly less but still can retain 1.2 volt under load so any 3.6~4.0 volt will work fine.

http://www.reflectalite.com/halogenpage.html
I just replaced the krypton bulb in my 3D lantern with an LED replacement. I dithered over several different ones until I looked at the krypton bulb more closely and realized it was marked as 3.6v. The current cells are getting old, and the krypton bulb would barely light up, but the LED just shines. As Fivemega said, any 3.6v incan lamp or LED replacement should work just fine.