*New* Lumintop Titanium Tool

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop TOOL Ti

I've done a search, and cannot yet see this mentioned in the forums. It looks like Lumintop are releasing a Titanium version of the TOOL. That could be a very nice addition, particularly with a bit of 'vn' treatment.

Javora

Enlightened
Re: Lumintop TOOL Ti

Great find and looks like a good light to. Not sure what the price is but I like the tail switch. Wish it had the modes of a Ti3.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast

I might just snag one if I can get a Nichia version and the price isn't too bad. Certainly has a neat look to it, and it would replace the Maratac Ti I sold due to poor tint.

ven

Flashaholic

Awesome find, thats my new work key edc light !!!! love it, very smart and a nichia to boot!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Titanium Lumintop Tool has a new tailswitch that Allows Tail Standing! It also has a key ring attachment option that I like much better than previous versions. And continuing with their latest High CRI option, the New Titanium Tool will have an N219 option, in addition to the Low CRI XPG2.

DSC3115.jpg
DSC3102.jpg

BuildingSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Looks groovy! I'm disappointed with my Fenix LD02, as the button is constantly activated in my pocket... I wonder if this would be less prone to turning on accidentally.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks groovy! I'm disappointed with my Fenix LD02, as the button is constantly activated in my pocket... I wonder if this would be less prone to turning on accidentally.

good question, I have no experience with the LD02 but from photos I can see the button sticks out, so if the light gets sideways in the bottom of a pocket, maybe thats the perfect storm for activation. You might benefit from using a half twist to lockout the light.. though at that point you might as well just have a twisty light.

Which pocket, of which kind of pants, do you have accidental activation? I pocket carry a Lumintop Tool, its button sticks out a LOT. I have not had any accidental activation, I think because I carry in a vest pocket, which maybe does not produce the pressure you experience with a pants pocket.

I think people who carry clickies using a pocket clip, or vertically next to a back pocket wallet, might not have the accidental activation issue your carry mode creates. I actually prefer twisties myself, I dont get accidental activation, and the light is shorter and weighs slightly less than a clickie.

But the new switch on the TiTool definitely interests me, as tailstanding is a priority feature for me.

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, I want this light as well!!!

:laughing: 2 wants make a need

Perfect for my work light, replace my well served tis which has been great. I really like the small cooyoo quantum on my car keys due to size/output ratio, not as important on work keys . This looks a real nice bit or light:D

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see..
-Titanium
-aaa
-electronic clicky switch

Yup, I want :cool:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to want this...but I do. I want it. Anyone venture a guess on the price?

BuildingSerenity

Newly Enlightened
good question, I have no experience with the LD02 but from photos I can see the button sticks out, so if the light gets sideways in the bottom of a pocket, maybe thats the perfect storm for activation. You might benefit from using a half twist to lockout the light.. though at that point you might as well just have a twisty light.

Which pocket, of which kind of pants, do you have accidental activation? I pocket carry a Lumintop Tool, its button sticks out a LOT. I have not had any accidental activation, I think because I carry in a vest pocket, which maybe does not produce the pressure you experience with a pants pocket.

I think people who carry clickies using a pocket clip, or vertically next to a back pocket wallet, might not have the accidental activation issue your carry mode creates. I actually prefer twisties myself, I dont get accidental activation, and the light is shorter and weighs slightly less than a clickie.

But the new switch on the TiTool definitely interests me, as tailstanding is a priority feature for me.

Thanks for the thoughts. I had a Fenix twistie and lost it. Guess I'll go AAA twistie shopping...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I really like this light, the Nichia option is nice too. Any ideas on the UI? Mode memory?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Argh, must stop viewing things which compel me to purchase them...