ZL H52 vs H600 Weight Difference?

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Is the difference in weight between the H52 and H600 enough to make it worth buying an H52 as a lighter alternative when you already own an H600?

I'm wondering if the H52 would be better for extended, close-up tasks like reading in the dark.

tonkem

Enlightened
I have both. I only go for the H600 when I need more light. I use the H52 for all other tasks. I do prefer the headband on the H600 since it has the strap that goes over your head, versus the H52 only goes around the head. With the additional support of the H600, it is not a noticeable difference between the two, at least not to me.

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't notice the difference. When I go running, the H52 does better. But if I need more light and runtime, the H600 does well in a Niteize headband. It's more of a heavy nylon webbing material that does NOT stretch at all. No bouncing at all.

I recently moved and only need the headlamp for about 3 minutes of running on the road, so it's back to the H52w for me. Otherwise, I'd be using the H600 exclusively.

For backpacking, the H600w is a no-brainer. The slight increase in size is noticeable to me, not the weight.

I like having both options though.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the floody H52Fw is the way to go or is not as good with the low lumens of the H52? I'm digging my floody H600Fd III.

tonkem

Enlightened
I use the magic tape when I want flood on my headlamps. Up to you. There is a good deal of photos about the difference on this board. Sorry don't have the link, but if you search H600 you should find it.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the floody H52Fw is the way to go or is not as good with the low lumens of the H52? I'm digging my floody H600Fd III.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast